Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: **Review** SCORE Slugs vs. Challenger

CGN frequent flyer
    IIRC.. from my deer hunting days of 20 years past, my best was around 4 inch group at 75 yards (where I sight in) with the good 'ol challenger sluggers.. 20 inch smoothie with rifle sights (irons)

Now I run a rifled barrel and Hornaday SST.. and best ever was around 3 inch group at 100 yards with a scope. Based on the evidence and the distances I am prone to shoot at I think I may switch back..lol

Also the rifled barrel and SST is much more punishing to my shoulder and cheek. Sighting in was agonizing. .... and I barely blink when firing any 30/06 or 300 WM
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer49 View Post
    You showed a consirable amount of restraint there ... well done!
    not sure what you're referring too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    The "groups" do seem a bit sloppy which doesn't really help when comparing ammo.
    I like the price of the score's for range use.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I usually use federal power shok sabot slugs. I screwed the pooch on getting my supply for this years deer hunt, and said....what the heck, ill TRY these score slugs through my rifled barrel. I know... lead fowling, blah blah...
    Took 3 sighting shots, and had no need to adjust scope. Bang on. Was shooting a 3" group at just over 100 yards with my old 500a and rifled barrel. Took 3 deer this year. I couldn't be happier.
    Thanks for the cheap bulk slugs, that work for hunting...for me anyways

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    not sure what you're referring too.
    Sorry about that. I was gonna make some wise-ass comment about the actua/mysterious name of this particular CGN "Sponsoring Dealers'' forum. You were much kinder. I assumed that Buddy was making a joke ...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer49 View Post
    Sorry about that. I was gonna make some wise-ass comment about the actua/mysterious name of this particular CGN "Sponsoring Dealers'' forum. You were much kinder. I assumed that Buddy was making a joke ...
    oh i get it now lol. yes i did show restraint lol.

I have found both the Score 28 & 32 slugs to be quite accurate out of my Keltec KSG. Standing I have no problem hitting 500ml water bottles 4 out of 5 times at 25yards. I have run over 2 cases through my KSG. I have also run around 60 Score 28 slugs through my new LA-K12 Puma semi-auto, without issue. However the Puma does not seem nearly as accurate as my KSG, even with a Aimloint micro on the Puma. I haven't tried the challenger slugs.

BANNED
    People need to rethink what "accurate" means, even with a shotgun/slug combo i think .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123