Thread: Practical shooting courses in BC?

Practical shooting courses in BC?

So I took my CFSC, CRFSC, CORE courses and I have shot a grand total of zero bullets. In a two/three month time (hey, I'm an optimist) I'll have the ability to buy firearms and absolutely zero experience at the range.

Is there a list of people offering practical shooting courses or private sessions? Not safety stuff with deactivated firearms. I'm thinking actual going to the range and shooting with a few different firearms. I'm in the Okanagan but I'm willing to travel if absolutely necessary.

Thank you.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." -- Townsend Whelen

Commenting because I'm also new to shooting in the OK, and am interested in what people have to say.

Have you actually visited your local range? It's been my experience that most experienced shooters are willing to help those new to the sport.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okshooter View Post
    So I took my CFSC, CRFSC, CORE courses and I have shot a grand total of zero bullets. In a two/three month time (hey, I'm an optimist) I'll have the ability to buy firearms and absolutely zero experience at the range.

Is there a list of people offering practical shooting courses or private sessions? Not safety stuff with deactivated firearms. I'm thinking actual going to the range and shooting with a few different firearms. I'm in the Okanagan but I'm willing to travel if absolutely necessary.

Thank you.
    Lots of instructors.

If you want trigger time, go to all ranges on a sat or sunday.. and introduce yourself as a new shooter. 99.9% of the folks there will have you shooting in no time, and practically begging you to try their guns out.

We tend to treat 'virgins' well. Pretty much your first time is darn close to free.

Also, bring a box of Donuts, and some coffee... it goes a long ways to making friends And shooting more
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

im also fairly new to the range scene. when i first got into shooting a little more seriously than plinking w the 22 i was a little intimidated by the "gun nuts" but once i started meeting people i realized that most folks just want to talk guns and like got juice said "practically begging you" to check out their stuff. from my experience the "gun nuts" are freindly often generous people so get out there and do some shootin!!!

i also agree with taking all these courses and never shooting anything............ odd that they just send you off on your way knowing that many have little or no idea what its like to shoot. they should really have these courses at the range. people who fear guns usually handle them in an unsafe manner. like muzzle control ect

i read somewhere though that the only reason the course exists is the rcmp want to "delay the access to firearms". in other words they want everything to take forever. to delay you getting firearms.