Thread: Newfoundland LTATT

Newfoundland LTATT

Just wondering if anyone knows the process for getting a LTATT in Newfoundland. Just received my first Restricted today, and I'm unsure of the process for getting a LTATT. I know I have to wait for the registration certificate to show up in the mail, but will the LTATT be mailed do me as well?
    Thanks in advance.
    M

You have to call and apply for an ltatt. they don't automatically give them out. I'm pretty sure that for an ltatt you need to be a member of an approved range as well.

Quote Originally Posted by matthunt101 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows the process for getting a LTATT in Newfoundland. Just received my first Restricted today, and I'm unsure of the process for getting a LTATT. I know I have to wait for the registration certificate to show up in the mail, but will the LTATT be mailed do me as well? Thanks in advance. M
    Have you already applied for the LTATT? I am assuming you have a range membership in place.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I had to email a photo of my range membership card, about 5 days after I did this , I received a LTATT via email, which I then printed off.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by CV32 View Post
    Have you already applied for the LTATT? I am assuming you have a range membership in place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I had to email a photo of my range membership card, about 5 days after I did this , I received a LTATT via email, which I then printed off.
    I also had to email a photo of my range card to the Provincial CFO. That was over a week ago, and nothing in the mail as of yet....
    I'm unsure as to how one applies for a LTATT, would I simply call CFC in much the same manner as for a STATT?

The NL CFO emailed my LLATT, this took 3 days after I emailed my range membership photo.Call the NL CFO, it may speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    The NL CFO emailed my LLATT, this took 3 days after I emailed my range membership photo.Call the NL CFO, it may speed things up.
    Will give them a call either this afternoon of tomorrow morning.
    Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by matthunt101 View Post
    I also had to email a photo of my range card to the Provincial CFO. That was over a week ago, and nothing in the mail as of yet.... I'm unsure as to how one applies for a LTATT, would I simply call CFC in much the same manner as for a STATT?
    Application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms

Having the approved LTATT sent by email is extremely convenient, and the CFO has historically been very prompt and efficient.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone