Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Tactical ERS Scope Blowout

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    Nothing...we are placing our yearly booking order next week so that might stir things up. Phil.
    I really hope it will !!

Thanks

CGN Regular
    Sorry to bother you again about this, but did you received the scopes or confirmed how many you will get?

I'm asking because you told me you would get 9 with a possibility of a 10th one, and I'm 10th on the list, so I want to know if I will be lucky enough to get one or if I need to find something else.

Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by gunnuts View Post
    Sorry to bother you again about this, but did you received the scopes or confirmed how many you will get?

I'm asking because you told me you would get 9 with a possibility of a 10th one, and I'm 10th on the list, so I want to know if I will be lucky enough to get one or if I need to find something else.

Thank you very much
    Let's all hope for more than 10, the wait list is rather long!

If anyone in the top 10 is in a rush and wants to cash it in for a fine bottle of their choice I'm game sure it's a gamble, but this scope would finish off my new build nicely.
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Regular
    Does bushnell or any other manufacturer makes high quality Flat Dark Earth 34mm scope rings (sub 200$, if possible) that would match this scope?

If not, what is the best set of black scope rings in this price range?

P&D, do you have anything in stock that would fit the bill?

left coast,home of the latte drinking granola eater
    Talley DET 34m
    Oh! I'm so sorry sir,but the I JUST DON'T GET IT cue is over there,right next to the BLISSFULLY IGNORANT desk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Hey troops, this is for any of ya that purchased one of these scopes, I asked some folks on the "Hide" about the reticle and got a pretty good response. Well here it is for what it's worth. Cheers

The Tremor reticle has wind formula built into the reticle using the wind dots that extend to the right and left of each elevation hold over. These wind dots are based off a time of flight and not dependent on a specific caliber. You find what the value of the wind dots are for your given caliber. (e.g. 5.56 = 3 mph, 308 = 4 mph, 300 WM = 5 mph)

For example: for a 308 each wind dot is a value of 4mph so the dots would equal

(1st = 4 mph 2nd = 8 mph 3rd = 12 mph 4th = 16 mph 5th = 20 mph 6th = 24 mph 7th = 28 mph)

So lets say you are shooting at a target at 375 meters away Your elevation hold would be 2 mils

Hold on the 2 mil elevation line.

Now say you have an 8 mph wind blowing. since each dot for this example is equal to 4 mph you would now hold the second wind dot on the right of the 2 mil elevation line on your target.

Now say you are shooting at a target out at 860 meters and your hold is 9 mills and the wind is still blowing 8 mph.

Hold on the 9 mil elevation line and move over so the second dot (8mph) is on your target.

You can also bracket the wind using the wind dots. let’s say you are shooting at the 375 meter target and you notice the wind pick up and you make an educated guess that the wind is blowing between 12 and 16 mph

Hold on the 2 mil elevation line. Place the 3rd dot (12mph) on the left side of the target and the 4th dot (16mph) on the right side of the target. so long a s the you guessed the wind speed correct to be between 12 and 16 mph you’ll hit the target.

Let’s say that your guess was off and you see the impact hit to the right of your target half way between the 4th dot (16 mph) that you previously held on the right side and the 5th dot (20 mph) now you move the 4th dot (16 mph) to the left side of the target and the 5th dot (20 mph) on the right side of the target and make you second shot.

Now that you know the wind is blowing 18 mph on that previous shot. You now hold the target between the 5th (16mph) and 6th dot (20mph) when you engage the 860 meter target.

Note: The wind dots were designed for elevation holds under 10 mils. (between 900 meters and 1000 yards give or take) anything farther than that and you would calculate your wind hold either with your ballistic solver or using the accuracy 1st wind formula and hold the wind with whatever mil value you calculated.

It’s also possible to dial your elevation which will change the value of the dots.

Using the 860 meter target as an example. Your elevation hold is 9 mils. Let’s say that you want use more of the magnification you have in the scope to make the target larger so you decide to dial 5 mils on the turret and hold the remainder of 4 mils on the reticle. this makes the wind dots equal to half of their original value.

Your original wind dot values for the 308 were (1st = 4 mph 2nd = 8 mph 3rd = 12 mph 4th = 16 mph 5th = 20 mph 6th = 24 mph 7th = 28 mph)

Now that you’ve dialed 5 mils the value of the dots are now

(1st = 2 mph 2nd = 4 mph 3rd = 6 mph 4th = 8 mph 5th = 10 mph 6th = 12 mph 7th = 16 mph)

So for an 8 mph wind you would originally have held the 2nd dot (8 mph)

Now that you’ve dialed 5 mils on the turret and holding 4 on the reticle the dots are half of the original value so the 2nd dot is now equal to 4mph.

Instead you have to now hold the 4th dot because half of 16 mph is now 8mph.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

left coast,home of the latte drinking granola eater
    mildot

Thanks for the post. Mines mounted and ready for zeroing this weekend,can't wait to start learning this reticle.
    Oh! I'm so sorry sir,but the I JUST DON'T GET IT cue is over there,right next to the BLISSFULLY IGNORANT desk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    mildot

Thanks for the post. Mines mounted and ready for zeroing this weekend,can't wait to start learning this reticle.
    What rings did you go with? height wise?
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Regular
    Thanks mildot, very informative.
    I should get mine on monday, thrilled to see it!!

CGN Regular
    I just received the scope, and WOW, it is beautiful, I never had a 34mm scope before, and this thing is massive!!

The build quality and lens clarity seems perfect. Now I just need to find quality rings for it.

Thanks a lot P&D

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast