Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Tactical ERS Scope Blowout

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    First Class Service from start to Finish from P and D

Whoever works in Shipping really knows how to prepare a package... wow.

Make sure you watch these vids as well if you picked up one of these

ht tps://www.horusvision.com/video.php

I haven't decided what rings yet either... rifle it is going on is still on the way...

Great post Mildot!
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

left coast,home of the latte drinking granola eater
    I went with an AI 18MOA base from Wolverine $197. As a one piece there is no need to lap the rings and to me,anyways, is a more solid system. They come in picatinny and dovetail configurations. I'm set up with a Tikka t3 varmint in 308. Contacted AI Canada 33.4mm which leaves the scope a little higher than I origionaly wanted,however, it may help combat heat waves coming off barrel.

Zeroed it in today and was shooting a 6inch plate at just over 300m. What an awesome scope.Dialling it in was easy,love the turrets on this beast.

P&D delivered a great deal on this beauty.
    Oh! I'm so sorry sir,but the I JUST DON'T GET IT cue is over there,right next to the BLISSFULLY IGNORANT desk

If more of these emerge on the Canadian market by off chance, I need two

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not jumping on one. My coworker lucked out and got one.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Katana's Avatar
    What a bummer that I missed that sale...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    So I should have mine in a couple of days, for the "end users" out there, how are you liking the reticle? Mine will be sitting in Spuhr rings atop my Savage 10FLP in .308.
    Last edited by mildot; 03-31-2015 at 05:44 PM.
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

BANNED
    it was a big ####ing sales

thanks.

left coast,home of the latte drinking granola eater
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    So I should have mine in a couple of days, for the "end users" out there, how are you liking the reticle? Mine will be sitting in Spuhr rings atop my Savage 10FLP in .308.
    At first looks,I thought the reticle was a little cluttered for my liking, but having used it a few times already,that thought has disappeared. It is set up to range in targets quickly if you choose to do so.There are markings just below the horizon line which allows you to range in 12 inch targets very quickly starting at the horizon and down to the 5 mil line.Maybe not target accuracy with this method, but should get you on target when time is a factor. It is also set up for moving targets as well as I can gather,although have not looked to hard at this yet. At 3.5 power the reticle resembles a basic duplex or x and does not interfear sight acquisition.
    Long range and higher magnification is where this really shines. The mil hash marks never become too thick obstructing point of aim.

I've only been out 3 times so far,but have already concluded that I have no longer any interest in mil dot reticles for medium to long range.

The ERS scope is an excellent scope and at the price P&D delivered it to us, it is unbeatable.

PS Glad you got one.
    Last edited by buster; 03-31-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    Oh! I'm so sorry sir,but the I JUST DON'T GET IT cue is over there,right next to the BLISSFULLY IGNORANT desk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    At first looks,I thought the reticle was a little cluttered for my liking, but having used it a few times already,that thought has disappeared. It is set up to range in targets quickly if you choose to do so.There are markings just below the horizon line which allows you to range in 12 inch targets very quickly starting at the horizon and down to the 5 mil line.Maybe not target accuracy with this method, but should get you on target when time is a factor. It is also set up for moving targets as well as I can gather,although have not looked to hard at this yet. At 3.5 power the reticle resembles a basic duplex or x and does not interfear sight acquisition.
    Long range and higher magnification is where this really shines. The mil hash marks never become too thick obstructing point of aim.

I've only been out 3 times so far,but have already concluded that I have no longer any interest in mil dot reticles for medium to long range.

The ERS scope is an excellent scope and at the price P&D delivered it to us, it is unbeatable.

PS Glad you got one.
    Well done, I already had one so this was a "no brainer" good stuff!
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

If anyone wants to sell theirs with a bit of cash on top, let me know
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast