Thread: Serbu .50BMG Semi

CGN Regular

Serbu .50BMG Semi

I know you guys import and sell these. I am interested in knowing a little more about these rifles. There were some problems with them when they first came to Canada. The rifle not cycling properly etc. Are these issues resolved ? What kind of accuracy can one expect from one of these rifles ? I wouldn't expect bolt action accuracy ! I prefer a semi over a bolt for the cool factor, but spending so much $$ on something I want it to be 100% functional and reliable.

I may be in the market for one late spring early summer !

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfie_1986 View Post
    I know you guys import and sell these. I am interested in knowing a little more about these rifles. There were some problems with them when they first came to Canada. The rifle not cycling properly etc. Are these issues resolved ? What kind of accuracy can one expect from one of these rifles ? I wouldn't expect bolt action accuracy ! I prefer a semi over a bolt for the cool factor, but spending so much $$ on something I want it to be 100% functional and reliable.

I may be in the market for one late spring early summer !

We did import a few of these rifles. I know there were some issues with the Serbu semi autos when they were first introduced. I would assume that they must have been remedied as from the dozen or so we imported and sold we have not heard 1 word from anyone regarding problems.
    I do not have any first hand knowledge on how accurate or inaccurate these guns are, having never shot 1.
    Guaranteed they will never come close to what a precision bolt rifle can produce, I seriously doubt any semi auto can produce the accuracy that a bolt rifle can regardless of caliber.

My suggestion, if total reliability and precision is required, give up some "cool factor" in favor of reliable function and better accuracy. A "cool" looking gun that shoots 2 to 3 MOA and has reliability issues is no where near as "cool" as a rifle that always works and produces .5 MOA accuracy.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Thanks a lot for the reply, on a weekend too. The "cool factor" is in fact what drew me to the Serbu. But to be completely honest I want reliability over all and don't think I will get reliability with the Serbu. Have looked online and to be honest I cannot find a whole lot about the rifle. Have found some to say it is unreliable, but more accurate than the Barrett. One would assume that anyhow with the Barrett's recoil system.

I probably wont be in the market for a .50 until spring, just trying to decide on what I want. With the money one of these things cost I don't want to purchase something and be unhappy...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    ive put about 300 through mine without a single hitch. im sure its not as accurate as a high grade bolt gun that's for sure. but I go in for the cool factor, all the girls wana look and touch it when I take it to town
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've shot this rifle and was very impressed. Not mine mind you, a friend owns it.
    She came apart on him in a bad way.
    As far as I know, the rifle is not fixed yet.
    Which is a pity, as this a very impressive .50.
    But not much use with the barrel loose.