Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada IUR Uppers and Complete Guns (with OMNI Lowers)

Almost sll of the ones allocated to us are sold sold, just a few are left.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ok that's one principle of persuasion, Ryan. I need you to include social proof and authority before I pull the trigger on one of these.

6. Scarcity
    This principle says that things are more attractive when their availability is limited, or when we stand to lose the opportunity to acquire them on favorable terms.
    For instance, we might buy something immediately if we're told that it's the last one, or that a special offer will soon expire.
    A tiger in Africa?!

Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    so omni lower and high standard bolt is just high quality as CC parts then?
    are you being obtuse on purpose?

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclejoe View Post
    are you being obtuse on purpose?
    am I? It was a simple question needed a simple yes or no answer.

you see, Volvo put in a Yamaha v8 in my XC90, and they have stated the Yamaha is well matched to Volvo's reliability/safety standards.
    so all I'm asking is high standard's bolt matches the same high quality as CC, is the question too tough to answer?
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 02-22-2015 at 01:15 AM.
    Get some!!! ^^

The OMNI lower and HS carrier is an economical way to get out shooting right away. Basically for $300 extra your getting a complete lower and BCG...great deal if you ask me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    am I? It was a simple question needed a simple yes or no answer.

you see, Volvo put in a Yamaha v8 in my XC90, and they have stated the Yamaha is well matched to Volvo's reliability/safety standards.
    so all I'm asking is high standard's bolt matches the same high quality as CC, is the question too tough to answer?
    Apples and oranges. If you were comparing a Colt Canada upper to a Omni Upper, or a Colt Canada lower to an Omni lower, then you'd be able to argue quality of the components.

One will work with the other. Same function, different quality. A $1000 upper is getting mated to a $300 complete lower and bolt. Do the math.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Apples and oranges. If you were comparing a Colt Canada upper to a Omni Upper, or a Colt Canada lower to an Omni lower, then you'd be able to argue quality of the components.

One will work with the other. Same function, different quality. A $1000 upper is getting mated to a $300 complete lower and bolt. Do the math.
    okay if I'm buying Colt Canada for their High quality manufacturing as I was reminded numerous times, isn't mating a inferior bolt to their match barrel defeats that purpose? is it not the bolt quality is crucial to the whole weapon's performance and reliability? hence my engine reference earlier.
    Get some!!! ^^

okay if I'm buying Colt Canada for their High quality manufacturing as I was reminded numerous times, isn't mating a inferior bolt to their match barrel defeats that purpose? is it not the bolt quality is crucial to the whole weapon's performance and reliability? hence my engine reference earlier.
    Then don't buy the whole lower. Or buy it cuz it is cheap and build some other AR with the bolt and lower. Or just buy the upper and build that into what you want.

It will function out the door for the extra $300 bucks. It is what it is. Some people want that function out the door.

It is personal preference. I want the upper simply for the Colt Canada cold hammer forged barrel. CC makes great ARs. Very accurate.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

It's not a "Colt Bolt" but it's still a fine bolt. Remember, Colt Canada isn't pairing these, the one distributor is...the uppers are over run. If you don't want any omni lower, feel free to just buy the upper. Many people want to go out shooting right away and the combo allows that.

I will delete any other discussions such as these. Please feel free to post in the Black Rifle forum.

Any updates on the ETA to you? Eager to see these.