Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Colt Canada IUR Uppers and Complete Guns (with OMNI Lowers)

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    I have looked at few bolts for my IUR,
    My friend's LMT enhanced, very good, one thing I didn't like is the BCG's finish felt like sandpaper.
    COLT USA, mil spec, nothing fancy but I'm sure it works.
    I really wanted the LWRC enhanced battle bolt, but that thing cost $300USD just for the Bolt alone, no BCG.
    finally, totally unexpected, I found a PWS enhanced DI bolt, CNC machined, built like tank, better super hard coating(Isonite Treated), weights a little more than a full-auto bolt for extra reliability.
    tested it out in my friends AR before putting into my colt(i'm evil , worked fantastically in both guns, both rifles used H buffers btw. did I say this bolt is built like a TANK!
    not my pic, shamelessly stole from the internet.
    Get some!!! ^^

If you are looking for high end bolts, I have LANTAC bolt carriers groups on the way.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricohman View Post
    I think he is saying that the BCG in the complete rifle will be just fine for our needs.
    And I'm sure it will.
    He claimed colt uses these bolts. They do not. Odell's does to sell these colts. I'm not arguing that the bolts won't suit our needs. They will. But they aren't used to supply Colt mil/LEO end users. Which was the argument as to why we should be ok with them.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    He claimed colt uses these bolts. They do not. Odell's does to sell these colts. I'm not arguing that the bolts won't suit our needs. They will. But they aren't used to supply Colt mil/LEO end users. Which was the argument as to why we should be ok with them.
    I'd also say that Colt is picky about who they deal with, and that they wouldn't some some unreliable junk BCG married to their superb upper. But I guess the same argument could be used for the lower. I read some bad reviews about it and eventually decided to see what it is for myself. With the IOP deal it was about $240 more for a complete rifle so the risk is minimal. And now that I've seen it I want to shoot it as is. It appears very solid and well made. As does the BCG. It will do until I can buy Colt parts and if I can't it will do for as long as I need it anyway.

Fenceline all i was saying was that people freaking about mil spec bcgs ect ect asking 85,000 questions as if the ones mated with the complete omni lower were some how low grade or need to be up graded. I was not saying colt put them in there i am saying that what ever colt decided to run in their products will be high quality, not the best ,but high quality , just like colt, colt is not the best but they are high quality and have high standards. if you want to upgrade the BCG go ahead fill your boots but its my opinion that the BCG that is mated to the upper is of high standard better than 90% of the bcg out there for guys to be nit picking about it just sounds snobby and outside of military and police really not needed. the BCG that comes in the norinco has over 12,000 rounds on it and shows ZERO wear and has caused ZERO failures, so imagine the quality and reliability of the one that colt has allowed to be put into its upper mated with the omni lower. i am sure your are correct that the actualy "COLT" brand made manufactured BCG is even better but lets not split hairs here.

Can you guys take this to the black rifle forum please

Ryan

Ryan, will there be any more Omni lower packaged ones to be available again?

answered my own question, looks like they're back up !!

Received my upper today. Very nice and much lighter than I was expecting. I'm so happy that I got in on the lower rail covers before they sold out. A couple of the rails on my IUR are dinged up but I guess I can live with it. Should be covered by an optic all the time anyways.
    Last edited by Infanteer90; 04-09-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Removed a question

Quote Originally Posted by Infanteer90 View Post
    Received my upper today. Very nice and much lighter than I was expecting. I'm so happy that I got in on the lower rail covers before they sold out. A couple of the rails on my IUR are dinged up but I guess I can live with it. Should be covered by an optic all the time anyways.
    I also noticed a couple of shiny dings on my Colt IUR rails.

Well, decided that the damage on my IUR was greater than I felt I should accept so I contacted SFRC who promptly put me in touch with the fine folks at O'Dell Engineering. After sending my damaged IUR (no cost to myself) I received a replacement in short order which I fired for the first time today. I have to say that I am very happy with the performance of the IUR. Thanks to all involved who helped ensure this customer's satisfaction.