Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New gun buyer unhappy with purchase.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    sorry to hear you got ripped by epps.

i have bought two new beretta shotguns(not from there i will add) and never ever have the bores been dirty.

i think you will have to avoid the place like the plague from now on
    typical British wankers

I bought a Savage F target when they first came out with the 6.5x284 at a reputable store in Edmonton. Only one available close by so I took it and also was so excited to have it That I didnt check it. Took about 8 months before I got dies and brass to start reloading. Then I checked the rifle. Someone had put hundreds of rounds through it.
    Sucked it up and never bought another gun from that store again.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley1 View Post
    Do you also get upset if your new Black and Decker drill gets a little scratch or looks dirty? Guns are tools.
    Would you be upset if your Black and Decker came scratched up and looked dirty, when it was new out of the box? Any normal person would be.

Ontop of that, it seems his issues isn't so much with it being dirty...but being used. Being dirty/scratched is simply a side effect of being used. If it's used, you should be paying used prices, and be told that it is used.

Any body surprised that Epps is saying nothing about this ? I'm not ......
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    New is new, I bought many different new and cheap guns, even the cheapest Norinco looks new when it's new. Just suck it up as experience. Another note, when selling or buying a gun and you meet up in person, cut the BS and inspect or ask the buyer to inspect the gun, saves money and buyers remorse. I had it go both ways. In principle it's the buyers fault not to inspect BUT in my opinion it is also the sellers responsibility to ask the buyer to inspect the gun. I had a similar experience with a sponsor here but they took the gun back after some discussion. Just use the feedback system here and leave appropriate feedback for others to know. In general, a rant about sponsors is not allowed but wouldn't see why they are exempt from honest feedback. Thanks for the lengthly story, sounds as if you did your part as best as you could.

Print this thread, contact your credit card company and let them deal with this dealer. You were given a used shotgun in place of a new one for which you paid and purchased.

Epps had a chance to make it right but they didn't choose to do that.

I will not buy from them or even stop as I am driving past, I've been around firearms long enough ...

They did not make more money by stiffing you but they lost a helluva lot from potential future sales. SHAME ON YOU EPPS!
    Last edited by 15567; 02-16-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: shame on you EPPS
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    absolutely BS. and for those who think its fine to buy a new anything and get used, give your head a shake. If you bought a new truck, and it was not new, you would be absolutely outraged, and it would be on the national news as fraud. Yea, its gonna be beat up in a few days, weeks etc, as its a work tool, but its NEW now and should be new.

The other thing is, if this guy wants to buy it as a new shiny toy, THATS HIS RIGHT. it was HIS money. If he wants to take it home, polish it up and never use it, that's fine. If he wants to admire the quality and the asthetics, that's his right.

this guy comes to our country, tries to fit in, goes to an actual store, not online, buys a quality firearm, and gets treated like this?

this kind of entitlement from firearms dealers is NOT good for any of us, least of all legitimate firearms businesses.
    the CGN formerly know as John_in_BC

BANNED
    I drive right past that place, not even interested in stopping there anymore.

BANNED
    Lesson learned, epps could care less about their customers once the sale is made. They will never get another penny from me.

Amen +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jr hartman View Post
    absolutely bs. And for those who think its fine to buy a new anything and get used, give your head a shake. If you bought a new truck, and it was not new, you would be absolutely outraged, and it would be on the national news as fraud. Yea, its gonna be beat up in a few days, weeks etc, as its a work tool, but its new now and should be new.

The other thing is, if this guy wants to buy it as a new shiny toy, thats his right. It was his money. If he wants to take it home, polish it up and never use it, that's fine. If he wants to admire the quality and the asthetics, that's his right.

This guy comes to our country, tries to fit in, goes to an actual store, not online, buys a quality firearm, and gets treated like this?

This kind of entitlement from firearms dealers is not good for any of us, least of all legitimate firearms businesses.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast