Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New gun buyer unhappy with purchase.

smiley1,

Nope I accept that its going to get dirty and scratched etc. But when I purchased my drill it it was pristine and in a box with its full packaging. Selling as new means just that, if this had been marked 'As New' I could probably understand that I should not expect more. I am just hoping the gun works and that it has not been on the shelf because some other purchaser managed to get them to take it back? I also failed to do my homework, if I had researched Epps and found this forum I would have know what to expect and could have reacted accordingly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    +1 on contacting your credit card company and filing "dispute the charge" claim. Reason would be "Goods received were not as ordered"

I've seen quite a lot of negative comments about Epps since I've joined this forum........ Enough to make me shop elsewhere despite their often attractive prices.

J_K_S,

I did what I thought was a lot of research and to be honest I cannot fault the original guy at the store even though I was upsold. The gun was definitely the better choice, just should have checked the condition a lot closer before handing over the cash.

CGN frequent flyer
    Crap...I placed an order with them on Friday for a decently priced used firearm. Here's hoping I'm not about to take it in the keester.

Thanks,
    Cal.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Hartman View Post
    absolutely BS. and for those who think its fine to buy a new anything and get used, give your head a shake. If you bought a new truck, and it was not new, you would be absolutely outraged, and it would be on the national news as fraud. Yea, its gonna be beat up in a few days, weeks etc, as its a work tool, but its NEW now and should be new.

The other thing is, if this guy wants to buy it as a new shiny toy, THATS HIS RIGHT. it was HIS money. If he wants to take it home, polish it up and never use it, that's fine. If he wants to admire the quality and the asthetics, that's his right.

this guy comes to our country, tries to fit in, goes to an actual store, not online, buys a quality firearm, and gets treated like this?

this kind of entitlement from firearms dealers is NOT good for any of us, least of all legitimate firearms businesses.

That is some BS. Thanks for posting, and I will find another shop to buy the shotgun I've been looking for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Any body surprised that Epps is saying nothing about this ? I'm not ......
    Yea, it is only been like a couple hours. How dare they not reply to this thread immediately?!?
    Let's hear the story of the other side first before jumping to any conclusion.

I have dealt with Ellwood Epps a couple times and I have no issue with them. They did made a mistake once but they fixed it pretty fast.
    What?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    Last year I bought a $1,000 gun safe from crappy tire, it was discounted to $599 - great deal I thought, brought it home and there was a dent in one of the corners - I went back WITHOUT the safe and asked them if they want the safe back or give me another $200 - guess what they did? Why is there no return policy in firearms anyways?

BTW - Epps is closed Monday's during winter time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    The two posts above are valid points. I'm not saying the OP is in anyway misrepresenting the situation but Epps certainly deserves a chance to give their take on the situation before we all rush to judgement.

Having said that, I have seen several complaints about Epps level of customer service before so maybe it's a case of "where there's smoke there's fire"?

I also think that if I was handed a gun not in the original sealed packaging I'd think "display model" and look it over pretty closely.

I am supposed to send my jr carbine there for warranty work, now I'm afraid to do so! I contacted jr carbine directly and their service was top notch. He told me epps is their warranty centre here. Maybe I'll just keep the gun the way it is and only load 7 rounds instead of 8-10.
    Sounds like a headache to deal with these guys.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast