Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps and my dissapointment

CGN Regular
    I've only dealt with Epps through their web page. I purchased two handguns about a year apart and had absolutely no issues. The second one took a bit longer (two weeks or so to ship) but that was from the CFO dragging their heels a bit.

I'm sorry to hear about the firearm and the questionable response you got. A rule of thumb is one happy customer tells three friends but an unhappy one tells ten or in the case of here, hundreds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Epps has turned into a joke.

I am am also not a fan of there shop, it's always a mess, hard to find what you need as there is no rhyme or reason to some stock placement, and a lot of the gems are hidden away and you have to ask for it when you can snag a staff member.

not the same as it used to be
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

I had trouble at EPPS twice with poor attitudes over the phone. I learned my lesson the first time but I saw an add for something not available anywhere else in Canada and had to have it. It was like the same "pleasant" fellow answered the phone.

I think you probably received a new firearm. I'm not calling you a liar rather trusting Epps because of their outstanding reputation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Messy Pants View Post
    This is clearly your fault not theirs. Why should they have to hold a gun for free while you cannot get your act together. They missed out on business by not selling it to someone else.

Also to the OP. It is a good story for us all to learn from. thank you for posting.

few things...

1. restocking fees *should be based on the CC merchant fee - edit, thanks OSTS*

2. you do not need a club or range membership to own or buy restricted firearms, CFO screwed me, Epps took advantage of that.

3. They missed out on a lot more business by burning a customer... so I do not feel bad for them at all.

I used to browse their store and website regularly.
    I have bought a few things at Epps, every time (4 or 5) I bought something I had an issue with rude staff, lack of knowledgeable service, and long wait times.
    so they can fail as a business as far as I am concerned. There are better dealers with much better customer service out there.
    Last edited by Daver_II; 02-16-2015 at 05:13 PM.

I used to love going to Epps, I can understand now why people are reconsidering going there as well. My most recent visit I was looking to buy a .357 but wanted a good deal. I had asked them what they had in stock and I was given a condescending answer like I was supposed to already know. I asked to look at a Smith 686 and when he brought it out it looked new but the cylinder was stiff and had hairline scuffs. I asked to look at another of the same model and I got a tired sigh from the sales rep. He said they were ALL like that because they were new but he brought it out anyway. I guess he was right, they were the same. Not wanting to spend a lot on a gun I didn't want to break in, I asked to look at his used Rugers and then he looked at me and asked if I was going to actually buy anything?? (Which I did, I dont drive 1.5 hours for nothing.)

But their sales rep made me feel like I wasn't welcome there unless I knew exactly what I was looking for. I get that they're busy, but that doesn't excuse them from being rude to their patrons because they're asked to simply do their job and answer questions. It wasn't an isolated incident either.

Now I buy and sell on the EE with people who actually like to talk. No more 1.5 hour drives for me, thanks.

Live and learn.Good to take a buddy with you that's knowledgeable about firearms and not emotionally involved with the purchase for sure .

I will take that advice and continue to examine all firearms I am considering buying. Used is always a crapshoot. A gun that cycles well dry might be balky after firing, like a pump gun or a semi rimfire. Anytime I have returned a used firearm, I was able to get store credit for the restocking charges and was able to use it on another gun or ammo. So far all the new guns they have sold me are AOK.

I purchased a new 586 there a few weeks back. The first one they showed me was handled a lot you could see that and I asked to see a second one. I did take the second one as it was as new. Then after a week I called and asked if it was shipped they said it was and I should have received the gun. The lady I spoke with was very nice and proceeded to find out what happened with the order. She called back and apologized for the delay and also refunded my shipping costs . All I can say is always look at two guns and buy the one that looks like it has not been handled to death. I have no issues dealing with Epps

Can you post pictures of the chips on the ejector for us please? It's hard for us to judge, because even that could be from them test firing the gun.
    --NFA MEMBER--

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast