Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps and my dissapointment

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Epps charged me a restocking fee on a gun that never even got approved for transfer.

My club membership expired, and the CFO would not transfer it until I submitted my new club membersip.

I called epps to cancel the order and they charged me a 10% based restocking fee.

The customer service rep said the fee covers the paperwork to do the transfer.

I said that other businesses do not charge for that, AND, that how is it fair to use a percentage instead of a flat fee?

Think, if I would have bought a $300 np 22 I would only be charged $30, but a $3000 KAC would be $300? for the same paperwork?
    (I was charged $110, for nothing)

GO #### YOURSELF EPPS! you will not see another dime of mine.

sad thing is that used to stop quite often, and always brought a few friends, now I actively tell people to avoid buying guns there.
    DO you have any idea how many guns Epps sells!? They in a position that they don't HAVE to worry about their reputation. People will still buy from there in droves. If they were local, heck, *I* would probably buy from there, because they have a huge selection. But I'm not about to drive 1.5hrs (EACH way) to get a gun, that if I have any problems with, I'll have to do that journey again (and possibly again, and again, and again) to solve the problem.

Nope - someone on here stamped all over me for supporting chain stores, but I know for a fact that Canadian Tire has an -awesome- customer service policy when it comes to returns. Cabelas is the same. They even ship all their products with return label stickers so you can return it if need be. I don't know about Bass Pro as I haven't bought a firearm from them yet. But I'd rather drive 10mins across town to talk to someone in person, than 2x1.5 hrs.

I purchased my first ever handgun from Epps. I thank gawd it works.

But Epps has so many customers that they can afford to loose some if they dont' want to stand behind their sales, and it won't put a dent in their business.

It would be nice if retailers put some sort of lock on the muzzle, so you had to call them to get the combination to remove it. That way customers could inspect the gun thoroughly and if not satisfied, send it back with proof it had not been fired by the customer.

But people need to have faith in the store they buy from, that the store is selling a quality product. They shouldn't HAVE to break it apart and inspect it piece by piece if they trust the store. Only customers of untrustworthy stores should be doing that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Epps charged me a restocking fee on a gun that never even got approved for transfer.

My club membership expired, and the CFO would not transfer it until I submitted my new club membersip.

I called epps to cancel the order and they charged me a 10% based restocking fee.

The customer service rep said the fee covers the paperwork to do the transfer.

I said that other businesses do not charge for that, AND, that how is it fair to use a percentage instead of a flat fee?

Think, if I would have bought a $300 np 22 I would only be charged $30, but a $3000 KAC would be $300? for the same paperwork?
    (I was charged $110, for nothing)

GO #### YOURSELF EPPS! you will not see another dime of mine.

sad thing is that used to stop quite often, and always brought a few friends, now I actively tell people to avoid buying guns there.
    So, you pay for a gun. Then YOU let your club membership expire. No fault of epps. They are out the money the cc company charges them to use the billing system, and the monsy for a employee to go gather everything up and process your order. It is posted on their website that any cancelation incurs a 10% restocking fee.

there one of the most complained about venders on here it seems
    RIP LGR

if you still have the option return it try al flaterys

CGN Regular
    Used to be a good place to buy just about anything and I still have their catalogs from the mid 70s. That was when they were the best store to buy from. Just my thought's, Used to go all the way from BC and would never miss a visit when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod B View Post
    I don't know how many guns Epps sells in a year but I am sure it numbers in the thousands. They are likely one of the biggest volume retailers in Canada. Yes they make mistakes, at times all of us do. However I would think the dissatisfied customers number a small percentage of their total number of sales.
    Being that i work there. Last year we sold over 10,000 firearms.

With that many sold there are bound to be problems here and there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    So, you pay for a gun. Then YOU let your club membership expire. No fault of epps. They are out the money the cc company charges them to use the billing system, and the monsy for a employee to go gather everything up and process your order. It is posted on their website that any cancelation incurs a 10% restocking fee.
    Membership at a club does not matter when buying restricted firearms, so the transfer should have gone through and this would not be a problem.

BTW, my club at the time had their memberships expire calendar year, I bought the gun foe christmas, they neglected to process the paperwork until after new years (I get it, busy... but still)
    Club was shut down until spring... so? wtf dude? Either way, moot point as I said, membership doesn't matter if you hold a RPAL.

I get it that the restocking fee is posted on the website, (my bad I did not read it, I didn't plan on cancelling my order)

Point is, after several calls, a company that I would have gladly given business to, did nothing to accommodate me as the customer. That is bad business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    Being that i work there. Last year we sold over 10,000 firearms.

With that many sold there are bound to be problems here and there.

Its not the problems people here are concerned about. Its how they are resolved that disappoint many here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    Its not the problems people here are concerned about. Its how they are resolved that disappoint many here.
    BINGO!!!! we have a winner, but I guess 10,000 firearms who cares... it is not like they are all going to be repeat customers....

Membership at a club does not matter when buying restricted firearms, so the transfer should have gone through and this would not be a problem.

BTW, my club at the time had their memberships expire calendar year, I bought the gun foe christmas, they neglected to process the paperwork until after new years (I get it, busy... but still)
    Club was shut down until spring... so? wtf dude? Either way, moot point as I said, membership doesn't matter if you hold a RPAL.

I get it that the restocking fee is posted on the website, (my bad I did not read it, I didn't plan on cancelling my order)

Point is, after several calls, a company that I would have gladly given business to, did nothing to accommodate me as the customer. That is bad business.
    Did you ask to speak to the manager? There are things the counterstaff cannot do. And the manager can do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast