Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Epps and my dissapointment

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Oh yes... twice,

Both times I was told the manager is unavailable,

I then went to the store on my next trip (Ottawa-Owen sound) which was about two months after the fact.

I physically spoke to the manager, very politely, and explained the whole situation. I then told him that I tried to speak with him on the phone a few times but missed him.
    I really only wanted to see if the issues was a one time thing, but the attitude I received was "what do you want us to do about it... it was two months ago"

So I left.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod B View Post
    I don't know how many guns Epps sells in a year but I am sure it numbers in the thousands. They are likely one of the biggest volume retailers in Canada. Yes they make mistakes, at times all of us do. However I would think the dissatisfied customers number a small percentage of their total number of sales.
    What your saying is one thing and you can't please everyone 100% of the time but for me to go there and have issues 3 times out of the 4 times I've been there is a joke. I've dealt with Gagnon Sports for over 30 years and never had any issues to date. Guess where I spend my money.
    Scott...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    Being that i work there. Last year we sold over 10,000 firearms.

With that many sold there are bound to be problems here and there.

Not to question your info, but that number seems pretty improbable. That would be one gun every 15 minutes, every hour they're open all year long. I know they're busy, and they've got online sales too, but...

Just seems inflated to me.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

I really dislike that just in the past few weeks I've seen multiple threads like this one, and EVERY time the owner doesn't post a picture.
    POST A PICTURE SO WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
    If you won't post a picture I see it as the "damage" is so minuscule that you are being unrealistic.
    --NFA MEMBER--

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    Not to question your info, but that number seems pretty improbable. That would be one gun every 15 minutes, every hour they're open all year long. I know they're busy, and they've got online sales too, but...

Just seems inflated to me.
    We sell to more than just the public. Other gun stores, auctions, and we have the online site that is open 24 hours a day. We can come in and have 15+ online firearms orders.

There are so many reports of lousy customer service and shady business practices as of lately.
    What makes it sad, they are all "supporting dealers" of this site.
    I would not be able to trust one of those (5 in one month) dealers in the future.

As the saying goes, there is no smoke without a fire.
    Better buy used, at least you know what you are getting. That's what I am doing, and I was never disappointed.
    Let someone else pay the taxes and the dealer's overhead costs.

Quote Originally Posted by plinker1 View Post
    There are so many reports of lousy customer service and shady business practices as of lately.
    What makes it sad, they are all "supporting dealers" of this site.
    I would not be able to trust one of those (5 in one month) dealers in the future.

As the saying goes, there is no smoke without a fire.
    Better buy used, at least you know what you are getting. That's what I am doing, and I was never disappointed.
    Let someone else pay the taxes and the dealer's overhead costs.
    That's what I'm saying.. but in every single complaint other then the shotgun that wasn't as pictured NONE of the OP's posted any pictures so I am taking their complaints with a grain of salt.
    If it was me and I received a used/damaged gun and it was anything significant I would be posting pictures to back up my claims, but none of them do.. so it kind of leads me to believe that they are being unrealistic..
    --NFA MEMBER--

I remember, at least one posted pictures of the pistol with the broken frame, which was sold several times to unsuspecting customers (victims), by one of the fine dealers, who sold it is as new in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer Sam View Post
    I won't waste my time dealing with those clowns. I called about a gun they had on their web site and asked if it was still there. Yes was the reply. I then asked if they wanted a deposit to hold it until I could get there( about 1 hour). Guy on the phone asked for my name and phone number and said they would hold it for 2 hour for me to get there. I left my house upon hanging the phone up and when I got there they had sold it. Was I pi**ed. The same idiot I talked to on the phone was the one who sold it. His answer to the whole issue was "I'm sure we have something else you can buy" No offer to cover my gas ,discount nothing.
    They will never see another penny from me or anyone I can talk out of dealing with them. Two previous visits were nothing but attitude and one sales guy din't know sh*t about anything.
    Scott...
    that is some super high level douchebaggery

Cant stand Epps. Last three times I went there I left with a foul taste in my mouth do to their ####ty customer service. Now I pass on by when I go to Webbers.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast