Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther Range kits only $569.95

I took one on a trade a while back and have been shooting IDPA with it. Very accurate gun with nice trigger, I am quite happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    Not correct about the trigger. It is pre cocked not double action. Check the reviews on youtube - sweet gun, probably get some eventually.
    Exactly.

Everything I've read says it has a really nice and rather unique trigger, it's beautifully made, it's accurate and controllable despite the high-bore, and that the grip is very ergonomic albeit rather beefy (but many say that those with small hands still like it).

Cost is down b/c of something like innovative production techniques that allows Walther to build them very cost effectively.

Sounds like a great gun...and at a good price.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    Well feel free to tell that to hundreds of gun store the walther reps and the atf.
    Well, he's right, it really doesn't meet the definition of a DAO trigger system.
    EG/ DAO would mean that if you pulled the trigger on a live round and had a failure to fire, you could pull the trigger again and try to get that round to fire.
    Not so with the PPX, b/c it has to be pre-cocked for the trigger to function/fire.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fritzhanzel's Avatar
    It is DA but pre cocked, I guess you don't know what it means?

I'm also curious about these. I always wanted a P99 but never pulled the proverbial trigger on getting one until it was too late. Was pretty stoked when the PPQ hit Canada, and absolutely love mine. Trigger is great, paddle release was easy for me to get used to but the best part is how well the gun fits in the hand. It comes with replaceable grip inserts that I don't believe are available on the PPX, but to be honest I've never actually tried either the small or the large: the one that came on the gun is comfortable for both me and my GF. Have been thinking about getting her a PPX so I can get my damn PPQ back...

Quote Originally Posted by fritzhanzel View Post
    It is DA but pre cocked, I guess you don't know what it means?
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

BANNED
    ive been in a toss up about getting one of these myself.....no one has these in stock locally.....id love to hold one first......i just can get over the fact that it looks like a hi point

Got one. Love it. Accurate, nice trigger easy to control and feels good in your hand

I'm on the fence, I've been looking close at this gun but I can't make up my mind between the PPX and the CZ P09. This price drop may have solved my quandary.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12