Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa CQB Clinic 27-28 June 2015 - Debrief here! Pics up!

Or, how about: Donde esta el cheapo bulk ammo?
    Just stow it with your carry-on baggage, eh? ;-D

Have a double marg for me.
    Cheers.

Business Member
    Okay, while we still have lots of time, get your rigs out in the mirror and practice your mag changes; FAST! Actually SMOOTH! Since Smooth = FAST!

Smooth draw out of the holster while your AR is slung around your torso (single point, right?), RACK the slide and engage target. Do that again!

Place ALL 4 or 5 mags back in the vest pouches and cycle them through the gun again... in front of a mirror. Now you understand that nicname "mirror kommando" ???

Then do that same drill with the pistol magazines (all 2 of them)...

I'm not joking! Nobody is gonna look at you. Ensure you don't drop your mags on the engineered or laminated hardwood floor, place an area carpet/rug/prayer rug on the surface to protect it from magazine dings! Well your partner might look at you and yell, "Put down your purse and rack that pistol like a man!"

Who knows if your partner has been watching my YouTube vids with the stale jokes?

Keep practicing all these mag drills before the clinic. You will be glad you took my advice!

Cheers,
    Barney

Anyone up for splitting a room yet?
    I've booked a room at Holiday Inn Express in Pembroke from Friday night to Sunday morning.
    Two queen beds.

My brother (Pvt Pyles) and I are registered.

How does the ATT work? We both have our LTATT as issued by our club. All we need is a letter of invite to get to Petawawa, right? No STATT as long as we have a letter of invite and a valid LTATT?

How about from the range to the hotel? I assume we need a STATT for that, correct?

Looking forward to seeing you all there!
    Longshot
    "A golf course is a waste of a perfectly good gun range" - a Friend...

BANNED
    Does this course ever sound great! Hope you guys decide to run another one this fall.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Does this course ever sound great! Hope you guys decide to run another one this fall.
    I'm working on it....

The Clinic is BOOKED completely NOW (27 April) and I'm taking standby names and CGN handles...

We are still working on a summer and fall schedule. My work schedule at Blue Mtn Resorts (chairlift operator) is not even finalized yet so I'm am in kinda limbo....

Bring on the newbie concerns!

Barney

BANNED
    Longshot send me an email address and I will send you the letter of invitation .Print it off and call the CFO to get a STATT .And this covers you from the hotel to the range on base as well .

Morgan

Longshot338,
    1. Have a look at the back of your ATT in the block labelled "Conditions and destination(s). In the bottom part it will detail To: and From:
    - the standard Ontario CFO entry is "To: All restricted Ranges approved by the CFO-Ontario"
    - If this is what your ATT has, then you will need to get a specific STATT for the DND Range at Petawawa, as DND Ranges are not approved by the CFO.
    2. If your To: entry is "To: All Department of National Defence Ranges & All Restricted Ranges approved by the CFO-Ontario", then you are good to go ATT wise. I know the ORA ATTs and some others have this condition, but the normal plain jane ATT will not.
    Dave

Called CFC today. They told me to forward the letter of invitation to cfo.ontario@opp.ca, indicate the days for which I need the STATT (including traveling days), and provide my PAL number. They will send the statt back via email.

Now I gotta find a nice big mirror to practice my draws and mag changes...

Got statt today, quick turnaround.