Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011

Thread: CFB Petawawa PR Clinic/Match 09-10 May 2015 - Debrief here!

You forgot about Cabellas sales rep! Those are the only career high lights that we have heard stories about. Kinda makes me wonder what Barney won't divulge!

Thanks again to everyone, truly great experience. So ooooooooooo looking forward to CQB!

Good thoughts and prayers to your wife Barney!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerBlast View Post
    You forgot about Cabellas sales rep! Those are the only career high lights that we have heard stories about. Kinda makes me wonder what Barney won't divulge!

Thanks again to everyone, truly great experience. So ooooooooooo looking forward to CQB!

Good thoughts and prayers to your wife Barney!
    Peter/ Thumprrr was asking me about some more stories about my drunken escapades in downtown Nicosia and I was kinda reluctant to let the cat out of the bag (so to speak) while you guys were shooting the 300 meter Agony Snap. That would have been a protestable match procedure/ violation on the part of the Range Staff.

It has something to do with "Go Leafs Go" while in a greek cathouse! Many , many witnesses by other peacekeeping contingent soldiers & USMC Embassy Staff....

What else did you guys learn out there ?

Cheers

Barney

Sorry for the delayed reply, but: Things I learned...

Homemade Rear Bags: Properly made ones = GOOD. A bag of rice wrapped in a t-shirt and zap-strapped closed = not so good. My hand was cramping up some fierce during the agony snap trying to keep the gun elevated and on target. Also, buy from the guy selling rear-bags AT the match...dont wait until a week later when you have to pay for shipping as well! 2 TAB bags inbound shortly...

Ballistic Calculator: Goes without saying, that you trust the "DID HIT" data vice the "SHOULD HIT" data from the calculator. Discovered a pretty big discrepancy at 4-500m between what Ballistic AE said and what I actually dialled. Easy enough to stomach, but I was getting pretty frustrated with WHY the data wasn't lining up as I had always had good results with the calculator in the past...to the point where I dragged out my chrony to make sure my 175gr SMKs were not travelling at 2800fps+ out of my 21" barrel...lol

Gear Cover: Will probably look for an easier option to cover my gear while in the butts or otherwise not shooting. I had drug my issued ground sheet/tarp out which was a pain in the ass! Something similar to a rucksack cover that is elastic and can stretch around my gun and backpack would make things quicker, lighter, and easier.

Overall, having attended one of these clinics in the past definitely leaned up my setup in terms of hauling gear around the range. I was still likely a little heavier than I could've been, but I was able to get on and off the line quickly and without leaving a "kit bomb" behind.

Many thanks to Barney, and I hope to see you all at the CQB clinic next month!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011