Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Syrac Gen II adjustable gas blocks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    ... Your suppose to adjust all gas block that are adjustable once the gun is fully assembled they usually supply a long Allen key, to access the set screw besides how do you know where to adjust it to unless you are firing 1 round at a time per mag you need to adjust it so that it lets just enough gas in to cycle the bolt not only that but cycle the bolt on a last round so the bolt locks to the rear. Any more and you are over gassing causing extra recoil bolt (cycling harder )
    I think he was referring to the Syrac being adjustable from a fully assembled upper with handguard installed. The Seekins needs to be adjusted prior to handguard installation. With the Seekins you will have to take your rifle out to the range without the handguard installed to tune the amount of gas. Or install the handguard, shoot it, remove handguard, adjust gas, reinstall handguard and repeat if necessary until you get your gas setting dialed in. If you shoot lighter or heavier loads, repeat above process. If all you do is shoot one type of load, the Seekins is still a good option.

With the Syrac, you can adjust the gas settings from an installed handguard. In the gen2 model, you can count the number of detent clicks from fully closed for each type of load used. Nice if you're shooting subsonics one minute then switch over to supersonics.
    CSSA Member

That's exactly what I mean. The seekins has the locking screw on the back of the block.
    Consider that I want one to go with an aero monolithic, you would not be able to access it at all.

I'll likely try a seekins for one of my other builds, but I still really really really want a Syrac.

Honestly, I'm really horny for one of their pistons kits since I found out about them.

CTCS is the only dealer I'm aware of that has dealt with syrac. If they can't get them, I don't know who can.
    Last edited by Conte; 03-05-2015 at 03:32 AM.

Now, Mr CTCS, is that twice the price of the seekins? Or twice the price of what you sold them for before.

Maybe if you could tell us what you'd expect to be selling them for, we could tell you if we are willing to pay that price.

You have sold them before and they must have all, sold, after all.

They are listed as $113us from Syrac, and I think you were selling them somewhere north of $150 when you had them.
    I'd pay $150 for one of those.
    Last edited by Conte; 03-05-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Humm, yeah, I'd pay about $150 for a Syrac seeing as I don't have any other option of getting one in Canada.

How about the Wilson Combat adjustable gas block as an option? It is adjustable from the front and comes with the straight gas tube as a kit.

CSSA Member

Expired Business Member
    Yea we're pushing $150 for the cost of it - while the Seekins will be in the $75 range

Sounds like I'll rush in a few of the Gen2 Syrac since there's a demand.

Awesome.

Ask about there pistons too.

Quote Originally Posted by ctcs View Post
    Yea we're pushing $150 for the cost of it - while the Seekins will be in the $75 range

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    EDIT: Sorry, going to have to figure something else out for a side adjustable: the Syrac wrench will not fit under my 15" rail with a carbine length gas port (would be a little over 7" wrench to clear).
    Last edited by Aniest; 03-07-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Seekins will be in the $75 range
    I'd pay $75 for a Seekins if coming in the next month or so.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    EDIT: Sorry, going to have to figure something else out for a side adjustable: the Syrac wrench will not fit under my 15" rail with a carbine length gas port (would be a little over 7" wrench to clear).
    You can buy long arm allen wrenches. Amazon.ca has a set that are 14" long for $25 and free shipping.
    CSSA Member

Put me on the list for one.

Thanks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast