Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rem 700 tactical

CGN Regular

rem 700 tactical

dear jo-brook firearms,

I have been trying to figure out if your in-stock rem 700 sps, in 16", 225 and/or 308 are post or pre trigger recalls.
    its actually been like 4 months, several emails and a few CGN posts.

can anyone provide an answer?

thanks,

From my experience, I purchased a new (to me) Remington 700 SPS 308 in the box back in December.
    Knowing about the recall, I went online to the Remington site and went through the process of registering the rifle under my name.
    There is a part of that registration that allows you to ask that question online.
    You will obviously need the serial number from your rifle to go through the registration and determination if your specific rifle is subject to this recall.
    My rifle was subject to the recall and I forwarded mine to Gravel Agency in Quebec after receiving directions, the shipping box and postage to get it to them.
    Turnaround time was amazing, even over the holiday period it took but a couple of weeks.
    Conversely, you could contact the Gravel Agency direct to find out the best way to do this.
    Good luck...

...B

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MountedMadness View Post
    From my experience, I purchased a new (to me) Remington 700 SPS 308 in the box back in December.
    Knowing about the recall, I went online to the Remington site and went through the process of registering the rifle under my name.
    There is a part of that registration that allows you to ask that question online.
    You will obviously need the serial number from your rifle to go through the registration and determination if your specific rifle is subject to this recall.
    My rifle was subject to the recall and I forwarded mine to Gravel Agency in Quebec after receiving directions, the shipping box and postage to get it to them.
    Turnaround time was amazing, even over the holiday period it took but a couple of weeks.
    Conversely, you could contact the Gravel Agency direct to find out the best way to do this.
    Good luck...

...B
    appreciate the reply B. was looking at them from back then as well.
    without the serial i cant do any legwork myself. the closest thing to a reply i got was "i will check and get back to you", then nothing even after several follow-ups. my guess is, they are pre-recall or they would have answered.

wanted to avoid the shipping and wait game with any distributors.

You ever try to pick up the phone and call them? You'd be surprised how fast you get answers when you talk to someone.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcold View Post
    You ever try to pick up the phone and call them? You'd be surprised how fast you get answers when you talk to someone.
    Good value add. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Good value add. Thanks
    Phone them. If you have really waited 4 months without doing this maybe you are without access to a phone. If this is the case, I apologise.
    93AAØ1976

The British empire was an incredible achievement. It brought civilisation to the uncivilised.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by L42A1 View Post
    Phone them. If you have really waited 4 months without doing this maybe you are without access to a phone. If this is the case, I apologise.
    Glad to see they have a supportive customer base. Must be doing something right somewhere! Beat the "call them" drum if you want, at the end of the day it's ecommerce and customer service. /end thread unless you know if they are the recall serials

Is the place in Quebec the only place doing the recall repairs for the 700?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” .......... - George Carlin

Does it really matter if there is a recall on them or not? Buy the firearm, check online if the recall applies and if it does send it away. Would have been way faster than waiting 4 months for a reply. But hey that's just me

instead of waiting 4 months, try this;

xmprecall.remington.com

Enter your ser # and you will find out right away.

Plus, they illustrate that rifles with the ribbed trigger are not subject to recall, but smooth triggers may be depending on manuf date (1 may 2006 through 9 april 2014).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast