Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My fantastic Epps experience

My fantastic Epps experience

Just thought I would drop a quick note about my recent experience with Epps.

I am freshly minted new PAL holder. While I was waiting for my license to be approved and all that back in November/December, there was a limited quantity SIG kit being offered and I knew right away I would regret not jumping on it.

So I sent a email off to Epps, informing them of my situation and desire to have one of these kits and wondered if they would be willing to extend their layaway program to me and hold the guns until I have license in hand. I received a very prompt reply from Kevin. They were happy to sell me the product on layaway and hold onto it until I had license in hand and could take possession. I gave my info, paid my deposit and sat back and waited. Of the course of the next couple months, Epps was prompt in keeping me updated when it finally showed up in store, prompt about taking payments when I requested and generally very friendly and helpful. Once my license arrived in the mail and I had my club membership all sorted, fired another email off to Epps with the info. I got a call from them 3 days later saying everything was good to go and I could come pick the package up. Awesome! Drove up this past Saturday. This is the first time I've ever been to Epps, but wow...what a great store. I'm sure I could be lost for hours there. Made my way into the gun room and spoke with a very helpful gentleman (Sorry I have forgot your name!). We chatted for a bit and he went into the back and emerged with my kit. I also ended up picking up a Mossberg 590A1 SPX while there. Again, the gentleman was friendly, very helpful answering my questions and helping a newbie like me out. Same goes for the gentleman working the ammo counter that day who also helped me in searching out a holster for a good half hour.

Over all, I left very happy and had a great big smile the whole drive home. Great customer service, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff! Special shout out to Kevin for dealing me via email for the last couple months!

You may be a couple hours drive from me but oh so worth it! Looking forward to visiting again soon

Best gun store all around, they sell you guns that are not banged around and scratched up like the little shops. They keep their new guns in the factory provided hard case not inside a display. I have been shopping in Epps for over 20 years, never had a bad experience there, all great.
    Last edited by Maxkeg; 02-23-2015 at 03:30 PM.

I though this was sarcasm after reading some posts here...

Nice to hear they were so accomidating. They do seem to have good stock but I've never delt with them personally.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Miaugi's Avatar
    I have dealt with Epps a couple of times and was always satisfied with their service as well.

Life is short, make the most of it!

Like most business, you will find people that have good and bad experiences. You only usually hear more bad stories since a pissed off customer is always be more likely to post rants on the internet then a happy one. I have had both good and bad experiences with epps. But to be fair, it was always store employee related. If Kevin is involved, you will have a great experience. He is extremely helpful, patient and knowledgeable. Any time I had to deal with ANY other employee, trouble and f**k ups ensued.

Bottom line, if they have what I want (and cheaper then anyplace else) I will buy there.

Going to EPPs is like a pilgrimage for me. I have bought firearms from them before and i've always had an excellent experience. The store could use an overhaul as it looks so dated and mishmashed inside but really I could care less than that.

Bought my first revolver from them a year ago. Can't complain at all about the service.
    Memberships: CSSA & OFAH

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

"Best Government I know of is the .45-70 Government!"

Half hour at the ammo counter oh yeah thats Ken. If you need to know something he is good, but you do need a half hour

My second purchase from Epps arrived today. Opened my M&P 9mm range/carry kit to find not 3 but 4 mags in the box. Thank you Elwood Epps.

Just order my Colt Canada / Diemaco through them last night, first of several purchases I think. Registration, Order and Confirmation was smooth. It was interesting to see how up to date and specific their ordering and inventory system is, right down to the exact item you purchased. Impressive.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast