Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XCR L gas tube movement? Wolverine please comment

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    Here is what i did. The oring idea wont work due to the notch that the gas tube has to go into on the gas block. It just so happens that the amount the gas tube was moving is the same as a small snap ring. I had a kit of different sizes. It slips over the gas block end and leaves the notch free enough the gas tube cannot rotate. So far so good off to shoot it this weekend.

Zeuce, don't it state , in the owners manual, to keep the holes in the gas tube , pointed down. To reduce recoil. Thereby implying that it shouldn't rotate?

The holes are pointed down and the gas tube is engaged with the lug on the gas block. It cannot rotate. I made sure of that. Look at pic 2 see how much of the lug protrudes? Look at pic 3. The gas tube is fully seated sans the play it once had. Im still waiting on wolverine to chime in if what i have done is a bad idea. Its not permenent so its easily undone.
    NFA member

That's good, but my point was , that it shouldn't move. Mine would only move if the gas block was loose. But hey , if it works and your happy , then that's all that counts. Happy hunting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    if you think there is somthing wrong with your XCR ill always trade you for my SKS its gas tube is tight :D :P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Dare i say "use more loctite".

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    That's good, but my point was , that it shouldn't move. Mine would only move if the gas block was loose. But hey , if it works and your happy , then that's all that counts. Happy hunting
    Yes you would think it shouldnt move but there are lots that do. Untll wolverine chimes in who knows what the deal is.
    NFA member

Last edited by zeuce; 03-01-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    NFA member

Still nothing from wolverine huh.

Sorry just been to busy to comment. I think Zeuce is on to a good thing but to early for me to make a comment, certainly moving in the right direction. Keep me posted on any changes in accuracy

Put 250 rounds thro her today got nice and hot. Zero issues that i could tell. No more gas tube rattle!

What i couldnt believe was after removing the barrel to do thus fix. Held ZERO 100% perfect! Couldnt believe i didnt have to change a thing! So stoked
    NFA member

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast