Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: XCR L gas tube movement? Wolverine please comment

XCR L gas tube movement? Wolverine please comment

Cleaning my rifle tonight I heard a rattle. I noticed the gas tube sliding back and then sliding towards the gas block. Is this an issue? I havent torn the upper down yet. The pics show the amount.

Last edited by zeuce; 02-27-2015 at 11:11 PM.
    NFA member

Yup mine does the same thing. There was a thread on this on what to and not to do about it, can't remember but I was quite pissed and then once I read through the post it didn't seem like it was going to affect anything other than be annoying if you were on a stealth night mission or something so I quite worrying about it.
    Its in the forums someplace. You could also ask the forum sponsor here who is the importer, they seem to know everything about the XCR (seriously, called them about my bolt catch and they had the problem totally sussed and fixed in minutes).

Thats why i posted this in wolverines forum. Did you fix yours or does it still rattle. I was thinking of pulling the gas block and putting a high temp o-ring on it to stop the rattle if there is no fix.
    NFA member

Mine isn't doing this. How many rounds do you have through it?
    Member: CSSA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just under 2000 if i had to guess
    NFA member

Yep looks like this is normal. Wolverine please confirm and set my mind at ease LOL (guys in this thread have the same idea with the hi temp oring)

http://www.xcrforum.com/forum/29-pro...ack-forth.html
    NFA member

Ah ok yes was the xcrfourm where I found the info not here. My twitchy bolt catch became more of an issue so that is what I called Wolverine about, I have not heard or seen anything from them on this, though now that it has been brought up...yea it would be nice to hear it strait from the best source other than Robarm. I guess I kind of wrote it of as something like the way most 1911's rattle, though a proper fix rather than an O ring would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuce View Post
    Yep looks like this is normal. Wolverine please confirm and set my mind at ease LOL (guys in this thread have the same idea with the hi temp oring)

http://www.xcrforum.com/forum/29-pro...ack-forth.html

They are normal, shot thousands of rounds through both my XCR's with no issues or excessive wear.

So my next question would be, is it loose for thermal expansion? An oring shouldnt impede this if thats the case.
    NFA member

Sorry I can't really tell you, never pay much attention to it when I am out shooting

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast