Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK 243 barrel length

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Moe,

To answer your questions.

Yes, we intend to offer this rifle as a non restricted.

It will be an H&K barrel.

And yes, a new FRT number will be needed. You cannot tag a new model to an existing model. This will be the slow part. We have had items at the RCMP for 2 years now still waiting on an FRT#.

I hope people have some patience on this one.

Thanks,

Jon
    Gives us more time to save up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks Jon. What I was looking for. Glad to see it will be sold as NR and with an HK barrel. I will be patiently waiting to hand you my money.

Moe

CGN Regular
    Sweet, I'm starting to save up already

Moe thanks for the compliment, I like to keep people updated. I hope to receive mine next week.

A guy in Zurich converted his to a G36c with the G36c barrel.
    Luckely for us, it seems the financial position of HK atm made them re-use existing items like the barrel nut, bolt etc.

I am going out on a limb here defending North Sylva since it's not my company but we do lots of business with them. They don't often (if ever) blow their own horn but I will for them. The ownership and management of this company is exceptional. Sometimes consumers have no idea how much work it takes to bring in new products...especially guns. They have a lot of irons in the fire and this time of year they are shipping out truck loads of product...we just received seven skids with more to come. Unlike dealers who advertise on CGN that are essentially here to keep people up to date daily ...remember they are a distributor. A trip through their warehouse and gun room is an awesome experience. Most distributors do not like to engage consumers directly as some feel that is the sole responsibility of the retail dealer but here they are on a public forum trying to keep on top of things. Jon keep up the good work and keep the good stuff coming (including .22.... hint hint). Phil.
    Last edited by P of PDent; 03-09-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

Great point Phil.
    Very well written.
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    I am going out on a limb here defending North Sylva since it's not my company but we do lots of business with them. They don't often (if ever) blow their own horn but I will for them. The ownership and management of this company is exceptional. Sometimes consumers have no idea how much work it takes to bring in new products...especially guns. They have a lot of irons in the fire and this time of year they are shipping out truck loads of product...we just received seven skids with more to come. Unlike dealers who advertise on CGN that are essentially here to keep people up to dale daily ...remember they are a distributor. A trip through their warehouse and gun room is an awesome experience. Most distributors do not like to engage consumers directly as some feel that is the sole responsibility of the retail dealer but here they are on a public forum trying to keep on top of things. Jon keep up the good work and keep the good stuff coming (including .22.... hint hint). Phil.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CNADNSL8-5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Me View Post
    atm just 1 length, 16"

G36 barrels will fit, so that might be an option for you.
    Still too short for Cananda, but has the 453mm (17.8inch) TAR barrel available over there?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    We need to get/add something onto C-42: FRT approvals are to be done within 120 days of submission. If they are deemed restricted or prohibited, a report on the reason(s) is/are mandatory. AND, the report/classification can be appealed.

Yes...I am a dreamer. But those of you who have some "pull' might wanna bring this up to Officialdom.

ok thats good to know. Will you guys be bringing in extra parts. I have a late model SL8 that I would like to up grade to a 243 style.

I'd love a restricted SBR. I'd love a collection of "G36"s. These rifles are my favorite
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast