Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Aek971

It looks scary, they would never allow it.

but i would totally add it to the collection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burntcookies View Post
    It looks scary, they would never allow it.

but i would totally add it to the collection
    Well it is a good thing scary can only be prohibited by order in council.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

That can't be even close to being a real thing, that is getting them in Canada. Not that I'm against it, it just seems every other week there's a post on here about someone wanting someone to bring in some variant of an AK. But then again, you never know till you try I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsway View Post
    That can't be even close to being a real thing, that is getting them in Canada. Not that I'm against it, it just seems every other week there's a post on here about someone wanting someone to bring in some variant of an AK. But then again, you never know till you try I suppose.
    It isn't a variant of an AK. Completely different designer. Different company. Different operating system.

Like an ACR or XCR aren't an AR.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Aaawwwww yiiiiiisssssss

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    It isn't a variant of an AK. Completely different designer. Different company. Different operating system.

I'll give you that, but the way that the FRT's are decided things are deemed prohib based on appearance just as much as function, the exception being the CZ/VZ rifles and Valmet, and even the CZ's took a hit as of late for some pretty shady reasons. Do I want it? Yes. Am I going to hold me breath over it though? Not too likely.

I doubt they would give it the green light simply because it looks like an AK variant and AEK 971 has the letters "A" and "K" in it. I'm surprised any guns get the OK at all these days. That doesn't mean we should give up and be lazy and pessimistic about it though.
    I reserve the right to reserve my rights.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post

It isn't a variant, but if I remember correctly, they did ban a .22 look alike a couple years ago... even if they didn't share any parts

Quote Originally Posted by sharpsway View Post
    I'll give you that, but the way that the FRT's are decided things are deemed prohib based on appearance just as much as function, the exception being the CZ/VZ rifles and Valmet, and even the CZ's took a hit as of late for some pretty shady reasons. Do I want it? Yes. Am I going to hold me breath over it though? Not too likely.
    Or the xcr, or the acr, or the 180b., or the vz61.... Etc etc.

Guns banned by looks, were banned by politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_hebert View Post
    It isn't a variant, but if I remember correctly, they did ban a .22 look alike a couple years ago... even if they didn't share any parts
    The ap80. It is a variant of a named prohib... The mitchell arms ak22 which itself was banned by looks by politicians. The ap80 is mechanically identical to the ma-ak22. They were made in the same factory.

So again, politicians banned guns by looks under order in council. Variants get banned by the lab.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast