Thread: Licence Conditions

Licence Conditions

Morning!

When my PAL arrived it had a paper that said to cut and fold and keep with you in case an officer requests to see the conditions of your licence. Mine only said standard conditions on it, but do I need to carry this with me at all times? Do I need to keep it at all? I can post an image of it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

I keep the PAL in my wallet just in case I'm at a store and see ammo on sale or the like.I never kept the paper part.If they have to scan your card for a firearm purchase all your info will come up anyway.Fold it up and put it away somewhere so you go thru it in 20 years and have fond memories of days gone by.I even have an old concealed carry permit from New Hampshire, for non-residents, that I used for deer hunting with a hand gun in Michigan.

SPECIAL CONDITIONS (continued) Carry this document with your licence card as you must be able to produce this document on demand if requested by a peace officer or other authority.

I'm not a lawyer but I keep mine next to my PAL.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smutty View Post
    Morning!

When my PAL arrived it had a paper that said to cut and fold and keep with you in case an officer requests to see the conditions of your licence. Mine only said standard conditions on it, but do I need to carry this with me at all times? Do I need to keep it at all? I can post an image of it if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
    Yes, it says right on the piece of paper that you must keep it with your PAL/RPAL card. You do not need it for ammo and firearms purchases, but you need to present both if a Peace Office asks to see your license.
    Prost!

Berger

Thanks everyone!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post
    Yes, it says right on the piece of paper that you must keep it with your PAL/RPAL card. You do not need it for ammo and firearms purchases, but you need to present both if a Peace Office asks to see your license.
    And after the ATT becomes part of the condition of your licence you better have it on you when you transport your restricted guns.

I don't understand why you should have to carry a piece of paper when your licence says standard conditions
    Last edited by GaryCaine; 02-27-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by GaryCaine View Post
    And after the ATT becomes part of the condition of your licence you better have it on you when you transport your restricted guns.

I don't understand why you should have to carry a piece of paper when your licence says standard conditions
    I agree, utter stupidity, but it is what us "evil"...yet law abiding....gun owners do.
    Prost!

Berger

Off the top of my head I cannot think of anything in the firearms act that provides a legal foundation for making the piece of paper a mandatory item.
    EOSC.ca

Quote Originally Posted by berger View Post

I'm assuming a photocopy would work. Yes?
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." -- Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by okshooter View Post
    I'm assuming a photocopy would work. Yes?
    I only have photocopies of my ATT, so I will say yes.
    Prost!

Berger