Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New atn digital day/night optic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LuckyLuc82's Avatar
    any update on the testing or customer reviews? so far everyone on the internet is crapping on this optic, even with the latest firmware.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    There is supposed to be a new firmware coming next week to fix the battery and reticle issues on the web. One of our guys here is writing up something for here but he has been up to his arse in alligators (Choot'em Choot"em!) and he will get it up here as soon as he can.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Agreed with the earlier poster, I see the reticle options as rather weak. No mil dot reticle? I don't like bdc reticles personally but they are preferable to plain old crosshairs if you want to shoot past point blank range. Or am I missing something? How does one account for the ballistic drop off the bullet?

Otherwise, great idea at a great price, but those reticles you showed are a deal breaker for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Astute Observer View Post
    Agreed with the earlier poster, I see the reticle options as rather weak. No mil dot reticle? I don't like bdc reticles personally but they are preferable to plain old crosshairs if you want to shoot past point blank range. Or am I missing something? How does one account for the ballistic drop off the bullet?

Otherwise, great idea at a great price, but those reticles you showed are a deal breaker for me personally.
    well when I was growing up learning to shoot we learned how to range guesstimate and hold over. Once those fancy duplex reticles came out we figured out they can be used for hold over too. sighting your your rifle in using the old mpbr worked well too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I like the one shot sight in and I like the radicals that are programed in to it as well I sent you guys a email
    Last edited by carverk; 03-20-2015 at 09:04 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    well when I was growing up learning to shoot we learned how to range guesstimate and hold over. Once those fancy duplex reticles came out we figured out they can be used for hold over too. sighting your your rifle in using the old mpbr worked well too.
    Fair point.

A simple reticle like that makes sense on a 1-4x or 1-6x scope, where you've zeroed at 200m, and so between 0-300m every point of impact is going to be within a few inches anyways.

With a scope that goes up to 12x, they're offering the chance for shooting at 700+ meters, but for that distance I'm gonna need that mil-dot reticle.

Not to dump on the product, it's a great idea at a great price but here's 3 suggestions for the next version(s):

1. Mildot or BDC reticle: A digital reticle should be just a change in the software. Put a FFP (or digitally-simulated FFP) mildot reticle in there, and you've got a big-time winner for day and night shooting at medium distances. Add turrets (essentially controls to move the digital reticle) and you've got an awesome product for shooting longer ranges.

2. Lower magnification: If they want to keep the simple reticle, offer that scope in a 1-4x or 1-6x for shorter distances or tactical rifles - that's another winner, especially if you can transmit the image (houseclearing with a camera on the rifle and a HUD lets one aim while mainting total cover - but you're going to want a 1x mag for that, scanning a room at x3 mag kills your field of view too much).

3. No magnification: Heck, even a cheaper 1x version, that would sell like hotcakes.

With those three options, I would get rid of every one of my optics on the Equipment Exchange and give you guys money to put one of either the mildot reticles or the lower mag version of these optics on every rifle I own (and that's a fair number of 'em).

Cheers!
    Last edited by Astute Observer; 03-20-2015 at 10:08 PM.

FIRMWARE UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE
    Since we began shipping X-Sight HD units nearly five months ago, we have been working diligently to improve both the device and the firmware that make it one of the best rifle scopes on the market today. After extended beta testing, we have finally released our much-anticipated, and largest to date, firmware update, addressing issues with the reticle, zoom, and battery life, as well as including features recommended by many of you. View the full ...list of changes and download link below.

DOWNLOAD:http://ow.ly/KSZPD (41.4MB)

CHANGE LOG, VERSION 1.8.02.248
    • During Smooth Zoom the reticle will no longer shift proportionately away from the center. The reticle will begin at whatever position you zero the reticle. When zooming, the reticle will now move towards center of the screen.
    • Photo Capture integrated with Video Capture. Due to popular demand, you may now take photos while recording video. Note: To properly test the usability of this change, stand-alone Photo Capture has been disabled.
    • Reticle now displayed in recorded content.
    • True magnification shown when using Smooth Zoom. User must first select lens type (i.e. 3x for X-Sight HD 3-12x or 5x for X-Sight HD 5-18x).
    • Power through USB now available. Note: Batteries needed to power on device but can be removed once an external USB power is plugged in.
    • ‘Sleep Mode’ added to improve battery life. When not being used or moved, the X-Sight will go to sleep. Any physical movement of the scope or button press will awaken the device.
    • Wi-Fi has been optimized and is now more stable.
    • Various other bug fixes.
    • GPS features, including geotag, velocity and altitude capabilities, have been temporarily disabled until next firmware update.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    FIRMWARE UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE
    Since we began shipping X-Sight HD units nearly five months ago, we have been working diligently to improve both the device and the firmware that make it one of the best rifle scopes on the market today. After extended beta testing, we have finally released our much-anticipated, and largest to date, firmware update, addressing issues with the reticle, zoom, and battery life, as well as including features recommended by many of you. View the full ...list of changes and download link below.

DOWNLOAD:http://ow.ly/KSZPD (41.4MB)

CHANGE LOG, VERSION 1.8.02.248
    • During Smooth Zoom the reticle will no longer shift proportionately away from the center. The reticle will begin at whatever position you zero the reticle. When zooming, the reticle will now move towards center of the screen.
    • Photo Capture integrated with Video Capture. Due to popular demand, you may now take photos while recording video. Note: To properly test the usability of this change, stand-alone Photo Capture has been disabled.
    • Reticle now displayed in recorded content.
    • True magnification shown when using Smooth Zoom. User must first select lens type (i.e. 3x for X-Sight HD 3-12x or 5x for X-Sight HD 5-18x).
    • Power through USB now available. Note: Batteries needed to power on device but can be removed once an external USB power is plugged in.
    • ‘Sleep Mode’ added to improve battery life. When not being used or moved, the X-Sight will go to sleep. Any physical movement of the scope or button press will awaken the device.
    • Wi-Fi has been optimized and is now more stable.
    • Various other bug fixes.
    • GPS features, including geotag, velocity and altitude capabilities, have been temporarily disabled until next firmware update.
    Alls I wants is, Day, Night, off. lol

I hope there is an easy way to completely turn all the other completely useless shyzen off.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    Alls I wants is, Day, Night, off. lol

I hope there is an easy way to completely turn all the other completely useless shyzen off.
    There is, even simple enough you could do it!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123