Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POSP 3-9X24 on a VZ 58

CGN Regular
    Excellent! Thanks a lot west rifle I would love to see a couple more pictures before I buy!

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle_sks View Post

I will post pictures of POSP scopes on the VZ58. I have one mounted and it is great set up.
    I hate to be that guy to bump an old thread with "pic's please" but I always wanted to mount a small eastern block scope on my classic (1960's furniture) VZ58 sporter but hated to gamble with ruining the looks, mounts that don't work or lack of performance.

So how about some pics boyz???
    Verba volant, scripta manent!
    “When injustice becomes law, an armed rebellion becomes duty” ~ The Internet

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Only issue I had with my POSP scope on my VZ is the eye relief was long and had to really crank my neck back to get a good picture
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Only issue I had with my POSP scope on my VZ is the eye relief was long and had to really crank my neck back to get a good picture
    What was long exactly, the eye relief or that it sits so far back on the stock when mounted???

WestRifle POSP 3-9X24 lists 72mm (2.83 inches) eye relief and POSP 4x24 lists 68mm (2.67 inches) eye relief

I seen another dealer offer a Compact PO 3.5x20 with 65mm (2.55 inches) eye relief

What POSP did you try?

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    What was long exactly, the eye relief or that it sits so far back on the stock when mounted???

WestRifle POSP 3-9X24 lists 72mm (2.83 inches) eye relief and POSP 4x24 lists 68mm (2.67 inches) eye relief

I seen another dealer offer a Compact PO 3.5x20 with 65mm (2.55 inches) eye relief

What POSP did you try?
    I own the west rifle 3-9x24 POSP (bought it for my SKS rifle) I have a CSA VZ58 that i can mount it on aswell, the eyepiece on this scope is about an inch longer (to accommodate for the zoom mechanism) than your standard fixed power POSP. Meaning it will mount on your SVD rail in the same place as other POSP's, BUT the eyepiece will stick out the back of the gun roughly an inch further thus making your cheek weld on the gun about and inch further back. If you have a telescoping stock, it will be no problem, but the standard VZ58 military stock may be alittle to short for comfort like Bfiles stated.

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I hate to be that guy to bump an old thread with "pic's please" but I always wanted to mount a small eastern block scope on my classic (1960's furniture) VZ58 sporter but hated to gamble with ruining the looks, mounts that don't work or lack of performance.

So how about some pics boyz???
    I'll see if i can take some pictures for you tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by warrenlikesboats View Post
    I own the west rifle 3-9x24 POSP (bought it for my SKS rifle) I have a CSA VZ58 that i can mount it on aswell, the eyepiece on this scope is about an inch longer (to accommodate for the zoom mechanism) than your standard fixed power POSP. Meaning it will mount on your SVD rail in the same place as other POSP's, BUT the eyepiece will stick out the back of the gun roughly an inch further thus making your cheek weld on the gun about and inch further back. If you have a telescoping stock, it will be no problem, but the standard VZ58 military stock may be alittle to short for comfort like Bfiles stated.
    So have to pony up another $100 US on an ultra rare NOS stock extension huh...

Quote Originally Posted by warrenlikesboats View Post
    I'll see if i can take some pictures for you tomorrow....
    Great can't wait!

I imagine it looks something like this?

I'm also very interested in getting one of these for my VZ-58 but I have a few questions before I buy.

• The POSP mount will work with the CSA VZ-58 without modification?
    • Do the issues with the scope extending too far back also apply to the fixed 4x, or is it shorter than the 3-9?
    • How well do these scopes retain zero when removed and reattached to the mount?

Thanks in advance, and I'd also be very interested in a picture or two!

Expired Business Member

I realize this is an old thread but are you guys going to get in any more posp 3-9x24 in anymore?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12