Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POSP 3-9X24 on a VZ 58

CGN Regular

POSP 3-9X24 on a VZ 58

Im just curious if anyone has mounted the POSP 3-9X24 on a vz 58? did it work well and was it somewhat straightforward to mount?? also did the scope sit too far back or can you adjust it a bit?

Thanks alot! i just want to make sure before i get one, im a huge fan of the Draganov style of scopes, i understand the vz58 isnt exactly a sniper but for 3-400 yards im sure it would do fine.

Mines not a 3x9 but it'll give you an idea. Its an SVD mount on an AK side rail that I had to machine to accept. SVD mounts aren't as common and more money.

CGN Regular
    Boy thats a beautiful rifle you have there, thats a very similar setup im looking for, and after searching west rifles site i found this http://westrifle.com/wrstore/index.p...roducts_id=804 im assuming this is the plate necesssary to mount the POSP 3-9?
    im also guessing its compatible with the vz58 aswell?

You can also buy buy POSP scopes from xxxxxxxx dot ca. I got mine from them and also the side mount. They are in Canada and the scope and mount was shipped direct to me from Belarus. Never did get it mounted on my 858 before it made it to the "almost prohib" list.
    Last edited by bush1; 03-04-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Thanks, I couldn't get the M4 stock fast enough!
    CSA VZ 58's are already drilled and tapped so I'm not sure how that one would work. Like I say, the one I used was the AK type rail but I had to machine out a slot to accept the SVD style stop pin.

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    You can also buy buy POSP scopes from xxxxxxxxxxx. I got mine from them and also the side mount. They are in Canada and the scope and mount was shipped direct to me from Belarus. Never did get it mounted on my 858 before it made it to the "almost prohib" list.
    This is WestRifle's section, probably shouldn't post other businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by dlck_landy View Post
    This is WestRifle's section, probably shouldn't post other businesses.
    Woops, your right. I was on "new posts" and saw the POSP question and didn't look at the thread title. Will look for that in future.

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the information guys!, ill see if westrifle can give bit more info to double check. Check twice buy once is my motto.

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msnacks View Post
    Im just curious if anyone has mounted the POSP 3-9X24 on a vz 58? did it work well and was it somewhat straightforward to mount?? also did the scope sit too far back or can you adjust it a bit?

Thanks alot! i just want to make sure before i get one, im a huge fan of the Draganov style of scopes, i understand the vz58 isnt exactly a sniper but for 3-400 yards im sure it would do fine.
    The scope your looking at on Westrifle isnt actually a Posp by the way (westrifle just labeled it wrong :/ )....... Westrifle doesnt sell posp scopes as far as I know, they sell NPZ Optics (Russian company) which my research digs up as being higher quality than Posp (Belarus company) scopes, hence the more expensive price tag. I bought the "Posp" 6x36 from them and it is made by NPZ. You are correct about the mount, The 2 Westrifle scopes are SVD style which means the stopper must be on the barrel side of the mount you choose for your VZ (like the one you linked).

Ive been pondering about buying the same 3-9 scope for a VZ when I buy one... but im sketchy about how much longer the scope is as well; ( seems to sit back an additional inch!) looks sort of silly/ugly ?? idk 3-9 would be very nice indeed, but the shorter fixed style of scopes like pictured above look so GOOD! Westrilfe throws in a SKS/SVT SVD mount style side rail with the purchase of these scopes (like a $70 VALUE!), and they are great quality mounts, id throw one on my SKS If i got this scope for sure!

decisions decisions AHH.

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY POSTED A PIC OF THERE VZ WITH THE 3-9x24 westrifle scope. Theres 2 on westrifles website, but id prefer more for reference.

Expired Business Member
    If you call it POSP or PO it is the same style scopes. I Russia it is called POSP series

Rifle's sights of the POSP series

is world famous for its quality and very attractive prices. The POSP is a high quality zoom rifle scope with a alluminium body and fully multicoated optics. It is intended for aimed firing with a hunting gun, for approximate estimation of the distance to an object as well as for observing the objects of nature. POSP has illuminated reticule grid allows you to determine kill distance in the twilight. The design of the scope allows for both lateral (with respect to wind, target movement) and angular (with respect to range) adjustments quickly and easily. Sights of POSP series is waterproof and can be used in a variety of climate conditions. Versions of the sight for anyone automatic weapon are made.

I will post pictures of POSP scopes on the VZ58. I have one mounted and it is great set up.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenlikesboats View Post
    The scope your looking at on Westrifle isnt actually a Posp by the way (westrifle just labeled it wrong :/ )....... Westrifle doesnt sell posp scopes as far as I know, they sell NPZ Optics (Russian company) which my research digs up as being higher quality than Posp (Belarus company) scopes, hence the more expensive price tag. I bought the "Posp" 6x36 from them and it is made by NPZ. You are correct about the mount, The 2 Westrifle scopes are SVD style which means the stopper must be on the barrel side of the mount you choose for your VZ (like the one you linked).

Ive been pondering about buying the same 3-9 scope for a VZ when I buy one... but im sketchy about how much longer the scope is as well; ( seems to sit back an additional inch!) looks sort of silly/ugly ?? idk 3-9 would be very nice indeed, but the shorter fixed style of scopes like pictured above look so GOOD! Westrilfe throws in a SKS/SVT SVD mount style side rail with the purchase of these scopes (like a $70 VALUE!), and they are great quality mounts, id throw one on my SKS If i got this scope for sure!

decisions decisions AHH.

I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY POSTED A PIC OF THERE VZ WITH THE 3-9x24 westrifle scope. Theres 2 on westrifles website, but id prefer more for reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast