Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Backpacker interchangeable longer barrel made by norinco?

They have a nice selection. Only problem is they are all 29in barrels. Since we can't cut a shotgun barrel im stuck with it. Coach guns should be around 20in to be historically accurate. Plus I love the external hammers of the outlaw

CanAm has stated that they will still be recieving shipments of the outlaw. Just not the single barrel one. Not sure when they were produced though. I haven't seen any of the 20 in norinco coach guns marstar offered in recent memory, but the dominion arms stuff (which I believe is the same) is still coming in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well if they made a 20 inch barrel then it should fit, even if it needs a bit of trimming!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by dnewma02 View Post
    They have a nice selection. Only problem is they are all 29in barrels. Since we can't cut a shotgun barrel im stuck with it. Coach guns should be around 20in to be historically accurate. Plus I love the external hammers of the outlaw
    You CAN cut it, so long as it stays above 18.5 inches your good. The law says:
    "Restricted firearm is a firearm that has a barrel less than 470 mm in length"
    "Prohibited Firearm is a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted, is less than 660 mm in length"

So if you cut the barrel to less than 470mm (18.5039 inch) or the overall length drops below 660mm (25.9843 inches) it becomes a prohibited firearm

(Source RCMP Website: h ttp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/clas-eng.htm )
    Last edited by DiMP; 03-09-2015 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Edited for correct information. Thanks Homer76
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    the SS break guns are no longer made, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post

So if you cut it less than 470mm (18.5039 inch) then it needs to be re-verified and reclassed as a restricted firearm through the RCMP. If by cutting it down the overall length drops below 660mm (25.9843 inches) it becomes a restricted firearm
    You had everything right except this part. Barrels cannot be cut down to less than this length. They can be manufactured to a length less than 18.5".
    Last edited by homer76; 03-16-2015 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiMP View Post
    You CAN cut it, so long as it stays above 18.5 inches your good. The law says:
    "Restricted firearm is a firearm that has a barrel less than 470 mm in length"
    "Prohibited Firearm is a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted, is less than 660 mm in length"

So if you cut the barrel to less than 470mm (18.5039 inch) or the overall length drops below 660mm (25.9843 inches) it becomes a prohibited firearm

(Source RCMP Website: h ttp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/clas-eng.htm )
    I believe the 18.5" only applies to semi-auto rifles or shotguns: pumps, single shots, or dbl barrels, can be cut down to 18".

I don't think norinco will just up and make anything we want them to. These threads are a waste of space in this limitless internet.
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKillerV View Post
    I don't think norinco will just up and make anything we want them to. These threads are a waste of space in this limitless internet.
    We appreciate your positive general attitude it is heartwarming.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterKillerV View Post
    If they can profit from the job, they will do it, if the tooling for the 20" barrel is already set up then should be easy! These sites and threads are here to express interest in products, the suppliers then find out if there is enough demand to make it viable. The only waste is if you have no interest in this product but continue to read the thread!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast