Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backpacker interchangeable longer barrel made by norinco?

CGN frequent flyer
    Would be nice to have a few interchangeable barrels, as my 13" barrel isn't much more than a pumpkin chucker at this point. Haven't fired it yet, but picked up a "warranty return" backpacker for $50 at the Chilliwack gun show 2 weeks ago. All it needed was a bit of filing to fit the forend. Fits nice and tight now.

I bought Can ammo 16 gauge version of this thinking I could exchange barrels also. I did not work out as I could not swop out barrels on either receiver. The receivers seem to be the same on both backpacker and 16 gauge but the seem to be milled to the receiver so everyone is different. You may get lucky if you buy enough of em.

Regards

Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    If they can profit from the job, they will do it, if the tooling for the 20" barrel is already set up then should be easy! These sites and threads are here to express interest in products, the suppliers then find out if there is enough demand to make it viable. The only waste is if you have no interest in this product but continue to read the thread!
    Well said.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    According to the factory, they stopped making the SS guns a year or more ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123