Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: South African 7.62x51 Battle Packs

Quote Originally Posted by conflag50 View Post
    Got my four and there were only a few left on the floor.
    We have more in the back but I would be surprised if it last's until next week. And I'm going to take a couple of packs myself for a rainy day...don't tell Dianne! Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    We have just made a small purchase of South African 7.62x51 146 Grn. FMJ (berdan primed)in sealed rubber /plastic battle packs of 140 rounds (7 boxes of 20)...$80. Phil.

This was originally described as boxer primwed before we received it. It is clearly Berdan primed, non corrosive, 146 Grn match bullet. We are contacting customers before shipping to make sure that's not a problem. This was a one time deal, this ammo is going for $85 to $99 US in the United States so I think it's a great deal. Over one third of our shipment sold in one day. Phil.
    Combat ammo with a match bullet? This is an error, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    We have just made a small purchase of South African 7.62x51 146 Grn. FMJ (berdan primed)in sealed rubber /plastic battle packs of 140 rounds (7 boxes of 20)...$80. Phil.

This was originally described as boxer primwed before we received it. It is clearly Berdan primed, non corrosive, 146 Grn match bullet. We are contacting customers before shipping to make sure that's not a problem. This was a one time deal, this ammo is going for $85 to $99 US in the United States so I think it's a great deal. Over one third of our shipment sold in one day. Phil.
    why does this surplus Berdan primed ammo says "non corrosive"? i thought all Berdan primed surplus ammo are corrosive.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    why does this surplus Berdan primed ammo says "non corrosive"? i thought all Berdan primed surplus ammo are corrosive.
    The corrosive nature of some ammo comes from salts used in the priming compound. Berdan and boxer are simply form factors for primers. You can have corrosive boxer and non-corrosive berdan.

I have purchased similar rubber battle packs in the past. Impossible to tear open and when finally cut apart some of the ammo was corroded. What is the overall condition of these cartridges and packaging?
    when guns are outlawed we become subjects.

Non-compliance, 'cause bad laws are worse than no laws.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    I have purchased similar rubber battle packs in the past. Impossible to tear open and when finally cut apart some of the ammo was corroded. What is the overall condition of these cartridges and packaging?
    looks good here
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...-in-at-P-amp-D
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jennis's Avatar
    I put in a order today , BC, when will I receive my email confirmation ?
    " The blood dimmed tide is loosed and everywhere the ceremony of innoncence is drowned; the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity..... "

- William Butler Yeats

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jennis's Avatar
    Disregard , I just received my confirmation , I'm surprised this stuff is still in stock , I guess all the Hutterites are still nervous about mixing 308/762
    " The blood dimmed tide is loosed and everywhere the ceremony of innoncence is drowned; the best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity..... "

- William Butler Yeats

Just ordered a case. Selling fast. Nice to get brass for the price of steel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    my two packs came in the mail today, it looks good
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast