Thread: Just arrived today Colt uppers.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Just arrived today Colt uppers.

Colt Canada 15.7" IUR upper only, no BCG or charging handle.

Introducing the Colt Canada Integrated Upper Receiver (IUR). Today’s high tech battle situations require our soldiers and law officers to bear the burden of multi-tasking using many accessories from lasers and lights to electronic sighting systems at once. Engineered to give the operator the maximum in flexibility, this solid, light-weight, one piece upper receiver fits smoothly onto any Colt Canada lower receiver to make the IUR transition quick and simple. Expensive third party rail systems that may be complicated and prone to breakage due to the stresses of hard training and use in combat, are no longer required. The IUR gives the operator Four Solid Rails in Weaver, MIL-STD 1913 (Picatinny) or NATO configuration: rails at 3 and 9 o’clock positions for accessory mounting; one reinforced 6 o’clock rail with recoil lug for mounting an underslung grenade launcher, shot-gun or a forward grip and one 12 o’clock continuous rail for various inline sighting options.

Gen II Integrated Upper Receiver (IUR):

Interchangeable with Mil-Spec lowers
    Floating barrel system
    Pinned on low profile gas block
    Mil-Spec hard anodized black
    IUR is marked COLT CANADA 2C085 and NATO on the rail
    Straight gas tube to increase firearm life and ease of installation
    BARREL:

Iconic cold hammer forged 15.7” chrome lined barrel;
    Canadian Forces Spec thicker chrome;
    Phosphated to Mil-Spec;
    Improved integral forged carbine chamber;
    Colt Canada hammer forged choke bore;
    1/7” twist RH/ 6 groove NATO approved bore;
    Batch marked barrel and extension
    High pressure tested HPT and magnetic particle inspection MPI as per Canadian Mil-Spec
    FLASH HIDER:
    C9A2 Type. The barrel is fitted with the new proprietary flash hider designed specifically to tame the fire on short 5.56 machine guns. It produces 30% less flash. Designed to direct zero flash into the sight picture and zero gas to the floor.

RAILS:

Full top (39 slot) and bottom (20 slot) rail and the grenade launcher recoil lug
    The side rails are partially railed with 10 slots, and a steel insert quick detach (QD) sling fitting on each side
    Rail slots are numbered with laser engraving;
    The rails are NATO STANAG 4694 spec and are back compatible with MIL-STD-1913 accessories;
    Protected low profile gas block

IUR has a hardened steel insert for the cocking handle latch to resist wear with enlarged tactical latches

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    Please allow me to ask what might be a dumb question. Can I put this upper on a Colt USA lower? eg an LE 6920

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Yes
    CSSA Member

Can i ask another silly noob question why are these so important to people i know colt makes good stuff but some backround on the "uppers" would be nice.I simply dont know why not a Daniel defense upper or some other kind people seem interested in these

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Perhaps wander over to Colt Canada's forum and read the 400+ posts on said upper, and listen to the 30 minute podcast. There are pages of information that one post won't properly convey.

This is quality, military grade surplus that was never issued. Brand new surplus. Tier 1 quality stuff.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Shooter1of38's Avatar
    These are perfect for operating....
    Guns are cheap entertainment....The least OBTUSE of my interests

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    Can i ask another silly noob question why are these so important to people i know colt makes good stuff but some backround on the "uppers" would be nice.I simply dont know why not a Daniel defense upper or some other kind people seem interested in these
    first of all it's quite good value, think of it this way, a good stripped upper cost $200 + free floating rail $300 and up + match barrel $300-$500, you might as well buy this Colt Canada military grade IUR for the same amount of money.
    I was skeptical too at first....now I have it in my hands, CC makes quality stuff,
    Besides, Daniel defense don't make guns for these guys, colt canada does.(danish frogmen)
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 03-11-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by OccasionallyOnTarget View Post
    Please allow me to ask what might be a dumb question. Can I put this upper on a Colt USA lower? eg an LE 6920
    there you go,

Get some!!! ^^

Business Member
    That's an awesome looking lower 6920 there! Who's that foo putting the FDE trigger guard on the black background?

Beauty photography!

Cheers,

Barney

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    That's an awesome looking lower 6920 there! Who's that foo putting the FDE trigger guard on the black background?

Beauty photography!

Cheers,

Barney
    Lol Barny....thanks for the lower
    Get some!!! ^^