Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

BANNED
    Cool rifle and nice review.

Very tempting. I would definitely get one if it were chrome-lined and offered with a shorter barrel (yes, I know, restricted).

I like that the ejection port has been reworked to deflect the brass to the side. The top ejection of the 858 always really, really bugged me when I had them. Did you experience any malfunctions or see any potential issues with ejection (or extraction, for that matter)?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    How could it be? It isn't classified as restricted or prohibited.
    You mean like the proposed changes to the legistation to define a non-restricted firearm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    A little more impressed with it now that I see the guts under the dust cover.
    Looks like they did away with the wonky recoil spring system attached to the flimsy dust cover based on the pics.
    Looks more like an SVT-40 type of recoil spring now. That's a huge improvement!
    I like the finish. Looks like a black parkerized or similar?

TVPress guy, is it still striker fired firing pin? Or is it now a rotating hammer system? Would be nice to see a picture of the guts inside with the dust cover off. Can you post one? Curious as to how the striker spring is attached.

All around pretty impressed with the modifications. Now the sight radius with a set of irons can be increased drastically. Should lend itself to better accuracy as well as the squared off receiver back. No more crazy angles with aftermarket stocks.
    The only thing that rubs me sideways is the rear angle on the rail cover (I know I'm picky sometimes about pointless crap) the crazy price of them and the "Worse than/same as SKS" accuracy out of them for the crazy price.
    I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the accuracy results with a scope like that at 100 meters. If it was irons I'd say awesome lol But that is pretty horrendous.
    I can manage 3" groups with the irons at 100 meters with a $200 Soviet SKS! :S Well it will be "more than $600 but less than $1000"....so probably $999. If it's around the $700-$800 mark, I would honestly consider it.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    As much as I want one , I won't purchase one until We hear back from CZ on what they are going to do about the current 858 situation. Depending what they do or don't do about it will determine if I will purchase another cz product. As much as I like the CZ product , I feel they have a moral obligation to make things right... Anyways , looks like an amazing product ... I'd love love love to have one
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    It seems you two are approaching this from different directions.
    Tiriaq says if it is not banned by regulation, it must be allowed.
    MC2 says that if it is not approved by regulation, it is not allowed yet.

I DONT have the final answer, but I'm leaning towards Tiriaq's understanding of it.
    You must have pretty deep pockets to be willing to fight that legal battle. I can set it up if you'd like to challenge the system.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    As much as I want one , I won't purchase one until We hear back from CZ on what they are going to do about the current 858 situation. Depending what they do or don't do about it will determine if I will purchase another cz product. As much as I like the CZ product , I feel they have a moral obligation to make things right... Anyways , looks like an amazing product ... I'd love love love to have one
    Eh?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Eh?

I think he's refering to CZ screwing people out of their guns by using converted auto receivers and he's not willing to line their pockets with more money until they fix it by sending everyone all new receivers.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    I think he's refering to CZ screwing people out of their guns by using converted auto receivers and he's not willing to line their pockets with more money until they fix it by sending everyone all new receivers.
    Correct sir , not necessarily screwing us , but sitting idle while we are being accused of criminals while in posession of their rifle after buying it 100% legally in good faith doesn't say much for them but that's my opinion.... I see it as a simple recall ... But what do I know I am not by any means a business man or firearms manufacturer/distributor.Anyways , not to derail the thread the 958 seems like a great rifle and as mentioned above I'd love to have one! In the mean Time I'll keep dreaming.
    Last edited by Big_red_truck; 03-13-2015 at 10:26 AM.
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

TV- PressPass,

In your opinion, why would one buy CZ958 over CSA VZ58 that we have available in Canada at this time?

Any advantages?

Any disadvantages?

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S.

Almost forgotten to mention that CSA VZ58 comes in NR chromed lined version, just in case that someone preferred it that way...

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    TV- PressPass,

In your opinion, why would one buy CZ958 over CSA VZ58 that we have available in Canada at this time?

Any advantages?

Any disadvantages?

Thanks,
    Dan

P.S.

Almost forgotten to mention that CSA VZ58 comes in NR chromed lined version, just in case that someone preferred it that way...
    I doubt anyone would care