Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply John,
    Sounds tight.
    It is as tight as a Scottish Man's wallet! We'll try and get some more videos up on the 958. Things have been super crazy here at the office so we haven't had as much spare time for the videos as we want to, but hopefully that will be changing soon.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Do you send in one copy of the rifle and you have your prototype that you still can shoot?

Thanks to the guys at Wolverine!!! When do you think you will start taking pre-orders? I would be willing to put money down even without a confirmation from the RCMP.

Hey Grumpy,
    Will the B&T mag adapter work with the 958. And thanks for letting me play with one at the Calgary gun show! It was super sexy!

Bruno advised that the B&T mag well adapter would not fit in the 958, we have not had time to investigate it. I had hoped that if the 958 needed some slight design changes to the receiver it may have made this fool proof but that wasn't the case. Time was also against me as I required samples completed ASAP. It may be possible to make them work but don't count on it.

We have no intention on taking any pre-orders. When the CZ 958 is approved, we will get delivery and price confirmed. Only then will we offer it for sale, we will then take definite orders with a non refundable deposit on a first come first served basis.

CGN Regular
    Sold my SKS, bought some Non Corrosive 7.62 x 39. The wait begins . How many will be coming in first batch when approved? (IE limited first run or enough for the masses?)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post

Now before some kind loving and concerned CGN members overheat their keyboards in a race to tell me how bad and wrong I was to take this gun outdoors and shoot it, lets do a little thought experiment together...

1. We can recognize that this rifle is based of the Sa.58 platform. Whether you call it a Cz858, Vz58, FSN, Sa.58 etc, I can see the shared gas system, magazines etc.

2. We can look in at the Criminal Code's prohibited weapons order, and see that none of the models and names above are listed. So this rifle isn't 12(4) or 12(5)

3. We can run a dowel down the barrel, and measure where it hits the bolt face. This rifle has a full 19 inch barrel. So I know it is not restricted due to barrel length.

4. We can hold the trigger down, and watch as only one round is fired. We know that this is not an a 12(2) automatic rifle.

5. Now the definition of 12(3) converted automatics has been a problem in the past. I have only a base level understanding of automatic fire, but I know that it requires an extra sear and an extra disconnecter in my trigger pack, and an extra setting on my safety. I can see that my safety only has two settings, stop and go. I can also see that the areas where one might try to fit an additional sear and disconnecter are scalloped away. So even if I had the parts, had the will, and had the machining skill to reshape the receiver to accept those components, I would just end up putting holes in the gun.

Now here's the kicker...

The firearm I was given met all the requirements laid out in the criminal code to be non-restricted.

So whats keeping Wolverine from importing en masse? Watch the video you lazy git! Or don't, and instead read on...

Canadian Border Services does refer to the FRT when processing the import of firearms. They can hold a shipment and request that technical opinion, even though these rifles do not need to be registered. As a result, we & Wolverine are kept waiting while the RCMP takes months doing what took me 5 minutes.

There will be a short musical break, and then I'll be back to take questions...
    so you posses a special license to do these reviews or ask permissions from any regulatory body before a retailer will release an unclassified firearm to you?

I would like to do a review of the RPD I have on order but the FRT process is delaying my ability to do so. I am interested in how both you and Wolverine came to this agreement while satisfying legalities on all sides so I can propose this to my importer.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Any news on this? Cash is waiting to be spent :D

THATS my next deer gun right there.

C'mon RCMP lets do this.

CGN Regular
    Nice long write up in the latest calibre mag. Can't wait!