Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

The 858 is a great rifle but it's major drawback was the lack of a suitable way to mount a scope. Various aftermarket products came out, some better than others. Even though the rifle was relatively cheap you would end up spending allot upgrading it. I eventually got a decent rail but then the brass would hit my scope. This new design looks like a real improvement that will bring the gun into the 21st century.

Good review! Was there any shift in POI when the dust cover was removed (for cleaning) and re-attached?

Sweeeeeeet firearm. My credit card is soooooo ready...
    smoke them. if ya got 'em

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Nicely done, thanks for posting that. I am really looking forward to getting one of these.

Very good! I miss my 858 and wouldn't hate getting my hands on one of these when they're available.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    TVPresspass,

Have you had a lawyer versed in the firearms act consider your position? This is the second firearm you have admitted being in possession of that didn't have a finalized classification. I really like Wolverine and I like your enthusiasm. But you're risking everything. Hopefully you have consulted a lawyer and maybe have the number incase you find yourself only getting one phone call.

You're looking at the classification rules and basing your view that the FRT isn't law. Which is fine and I get that. However we have a licensing system in Canada. You can own or posses non restricted, restricted etc based on your PAL. You were in possession of an unclassified import brought into the country by a business other than yourself. With just a regular pal you can only build for yourself and posses what you build. I hope you have some sort of business/manufacturing license that somehow allows you to do this.

Any police officer, CO etc arresting you even if no charges would be acting in good faith. The firearm classification is less the point than your licensing. Hence a business can make/test firearms they build import etc without issue. With my regular PAL there is no way I would risk being caught with a firearm that I didn't have the correct licensing for.

I'm not a lawyer. I would seriously suggest if you haven't consulted one then you might ask them for a professional opinion on your stance.

Wolverine is great, really like them and actually very happy to see the final product. Happy to see the review.

Really good review! This thing is starting to grow on me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    TVPresspass,

Have you had a lawyer versed in the firearms act consider your position? This is the second firearm you have admitted being in possession of that didn't have a finalized classification. I really like Wolverine and I like your enthusiasm. But you're risking everything. Hopefully you have consulted a lawyer and maybe have the number incase you find yourself only getting one phone call.

You're looking at the classification rules and basing your view that the FRT isn't law. Which is fine and I get that. However we have a licensing system in Canada. You can own or posses non restricted, restricted etc based on your PAL. You were in possession of an unclassified import brought into the country by a business other than yourself. With just a regular pal you can only build for yourself and posses what you build. I hope you have some sort of business/manufacturing license that somehow allows you to do this.

Any police officer, CO etc arresting you even if no charges would be acting in good faith. The firearm classification is less the point than your licensing. Hence a business can make/test firearms they build import etc without issue. With my regular PAL there is no way I would risk being caught with a firearm that I didn't have the correct licensing for.

I'm not a lawyer. I would seriously suggest if you haven't consulted one then you might ask them for a professional opinion on your stance.

Wolverine is great, really like them and actually very happy to see the final product. Happy to see the review.
    A PM would have shown some class... But, I guess you want everyone to see how "law-abiding" you are.

Good day.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

CGN Regular
    while it might not have an FRT, it doesn't make it anything else than what it is, and is certainly is not what it isn't.

As it stands, it's NR as it's not anything else.
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Great vid and mini article!

Thats interesting about how the FRT technically shouldn't be required.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast