Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I'm deciding between this vs an x39 AR upper. The upper will be cheaper, but this is possibly a better solution to shooting x39..
    Direct impingement vs piston system. Are the 7.62x39 ARs chrome-lined?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkOfLight View Post
    Look at that, he's even an Archer fan
    Isn't everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by samsplacci71 View Post
    I watched your YouTube review. Well done! That rifle looks amazing. I looks like it is well balanced. Though to be honest, I am getting better accuracy with my SKS. That said, I would most likely buy a CZ958. I've shot the 858 and it's a great rifle. I also like the mods you made to it. Since the parts are interchangeable, one could relieve the rifle of it's icky beaver barf furniture!
    I'm revisiting the shooting in my head, and wondering if I didn't throw my first round of groups using the factory folder with a poor cheek-weld. Not impossible.

Remember, these are statistical averages, not one offs. So I had some groups with the Polish surplus that were under 2MOA. But if I just chose the best groups of each, that's not very representative of how I shot as a whole.

I guess we'll find out if other people start producing better groups when they get their rifles!

Last edited by TV-PressPass; 03-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.

BANNED
    I'm not a tinfoil kind of guy, but it sure does sound like the RCMP really does not want any type of this similar looking rifle to be in Canada, and will go at great lengths to prevent this from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    I'm not a tinfoil kind of guy, but it sure does sound like the RCMP really does not want any type of this similar looking rifle to be in Canada, and will go at great lengths to prevent this from happening.
    The RCMP keeps guns out of Canada by slowing it down to nothing in the FRT lab; the CFO slows things down by keeping a skeleton staff (i.e. Ontario's one person processing all ATTs for the province) or by sitting on a stack of paperwork for as long as they feel like it.

Signed,

Somebody waiting two weeks for a private transfer and six weeks for an LTATT

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Great review TVPP!

I had pretty good results accuracy wise with the factory stock and hornady ammo.

Also shooting off hand at a 270M gong with the iron sights or a meprolight resulted in consistent loud ringing noises emanating from downrange.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Direct impingement vs piston system. Are the 7.62x39 ARs chrome-lined?

The NEA has some sort of treatment to the barrel and bolt carrier. Plus the gas tube is stainless and the receiver aluminum and relatively easy to flush out. Also plus are the availability of 10 round x39 LAR mags.

The 958 has a nice piston system that, unlike the SKS, seems to keep all of the crap from the gas system up front, similar to the SVT-40. I consider that a huge plus as well, when it comes to cleaning up the residue. Removing your optic rail every time you shoot is not something I'm keen on, but if not done with gorilla hands I expect the system would be robust and hold zero well enough at typical range of use. I do like the short mags - I hate having a big useless piece of ...metal...hanging off the bottom of my rifle if it's only going to contain 5 rounds.

It's a tough choice.

It may well come down to the money. If these are a grand or more, that lessens the appeal. If Wolverine puts out a nice incentive to get them out there into the market, then it becomes more attractive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Afterthought: I say in the video that all your regular stocks and grips will fit, but I can think of one that might be a problem:

Because the angle on the receiver is straighter on the 958, the relation between the pistol grip and stock has changed. I could see problems fitting the california-style sporter stock on there. If you're the kind of person who likes sporter stocks...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kgb81 View Post
    great write up! Is that barrel chrome lined...?

not again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BeaverMeat View Post
    A PM would have shown some class... But, I guess you want everyone to see how "law-abiding" you are.

Good day.
    It would prove to be a somewhat serious problem for Epoxy if he wasn't..

but seeing as everyone knows what we all do for a living...

BANNED
    Another good review TVP.

How do you like the square'd receiver Vs old school AK sloped stocked for shooting with iron sights on this platform? I'm sure I'll prefer this revised design.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    I am the only one that would have preferred they remake the 858 with this receiver and no other mod ?

Also, are the big ''made by'' and ''designed by'' logos were put the for the sample gun only ?
    Seems a little excessive to me if its to be put on production rifle.

All that being said it is highly probable that i will buy one.
    Last edited by Rick911; 03-12-2015 at 12:43 PM.