Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Looks like a very professional review to me...I think he works for them , and likes his job doing reviews so much that he may even work for free...or beer

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    How could it be? It isn't classified as restricted or prohibited.
    Quote Originally Posted by mildcustom2 View Post
    Last time I checked my license it said possession and acquisition of a restricted and or non restricted firearm. Not possession and acquisition of an unclassified firearm. Additionally the only reason this firearm is in the country is because Wolverine brought it into the country for the lab to examine with their specific business license. Is TV PressPass an employee of Wolverine so that he is covered by their firearms business license?

Your poking the bear here and that same bear your poking is the one that the judge will be listening to as an expert on firearms if you were to ever see a court room.

This is why some are suggesting caution. However if you think I and anyone else is wrong I have a direct number and email to the lab you can call and see what they think as I brought this up with them once before with something I was planning.

Oh and nice rifle. I wouldn't mind seeing if I could adapt the brand new AK wood sets I have sitting here to it.

Too bad the barrel isn't chrome lined.
    It seems you two are approaching this from different directions.
    Tiriaq says if it is not banned by regulation, it must be allowed.
    MC2 says that if it is not approved by regulation, it is not allowed yet.

I DONT have the final answer, but I'm leaning towards Tiriaq's understanding of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I'd like to emphasize this part of it again:

"Firearms are classified under the Criminal Code and its supporting regulations. As such the RCMP does not have the authority to classify firearms. However, in order to fulfill its statutory role of registering firearms, the RCMP must form an opinion as to the classification of a firearm if the classification is not explicitly set out in the Criminal Code and its supporting regulations. This expert technical opinion is captured in the FRT."

-RCMP Briefing Note to Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney

The firearm I was given met all the requirements laid out in the criminal code to be non-restricted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick911 View Post
    I am the only one that would have preferred they remake the 858 with this receiver and no other mod ?

Also, are the big ''made by'' and ''designed by'' logos were put the for the sample gun only ?
    Seems a little excessive to me if its to be put on production rifle.

All that being said it is highly probable that i will buy one.
    My thoughts exactly. Actually I'd love a CZ 858 4V (restricted length) right now.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Regular
    Nice review, thanks

CGN frequent flyer In The Black's Avatar
    IMHO - I feel that it has the wrong furniture. The bend of old and new is not harmonious..

I'd buy one, but be looking for black pieces asap.

ITB
    -CSSA-
    -CCFR-
    -NFA-
    -CPC-

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Quote Originally Posted by In The Black View Post
    IMHO - I feel that it has the wrong furniture. The bend of old and new is not harmonious..

I'd buy one, but be looking for black pieces asap.

ITB
    I was just thinking the exact same thing.

i want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    I'd like to emphasize this part of it again:

"Firearms are classified under the Criminal Code and its supporting regulations. As such the RCMP does not have the authority to classify firearms. However, in order to fulfill its statutory role of registering firearms, the RCMP must form an opinion as to the classification of a firearm if the classification is not explicitly set out in the Criminal Code and its supporting regulations. This expert technical opinion is captured in the FRT."

-RCMP Briefing Note to Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney

The firearm I was given met all the requirements laid out in the criminal code to be non-restricted.
    Anything which is not forbidden is allowed.

Would you be able in the future make a heavier fluted barrel for it? And maybe a SVD type flash hider for this and all the existing rifles.