Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Cz958 Review, Accuracy, and Status

CGN Regular
    would also like to hear how this is better than the vz 58. (I have neither, but kind of want one of them. just not sure which yet. )

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post
    TV- PressPass,

Any advantages?
    Haven't seen or used it yet but one advantage is that the rail lets you easily mount optics.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    A little more impressed with it now that I see the guts under the dust cover.
    Looks like they did away with the wonky recoil spring system attached to the flimsy dust cover based on the pics.
    Looks more like an SVT-40 type of recoil spring now. That's a huge improvement!
    I like the finish. Looks like a black parkerized or similar?

TVPress guy, is it still striker fired firing pin? Or is it now a rotating hammer system? Would be nice to see a picture of the guts inside with the dust cover off. Can you post one? Curious as to how the striker spring is attached.

All around pretty impressed with the modifications. Now the sight radius with a set of irons can be increased drastically. Should lend itself to better accuracy as well as the squared off receiver back. No more crazy angles with aftermarket stocks.
    The only thing that rubs me sideways is the rear angle on the rail cover (I know I'm picky sometimes about pointless crap) the crazy price of them and the "Worse than/same as SKS" accuracy out of them for the crazy price.
    I have to say I'm a bit surprised at the accuracy results with a scope like that at 100 meters. If it was irons I'd say awesome lol But that is pretty horrendous.
    I can manage 3" groups with the irons at 100 meters with a $200 Soviet SKS! :S Well it will be "more than $600 but less than $1000"....so probably $999. If it's around the $700-$800 mark, I would honestly consider it.
    It is still striker fired rifle. I was getting between 2.5 and 3" groups iron sight with the hornady ammo when we first tested it. Hitting a 12" gong off hand at 270 yards was no problem. This was with the factory folding stock.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Im buying one over a vz58..

Im just waiting.. Any ETA?
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by vince514 View Post
    Im buying one over a vz58..

Im just waiting.. Any ETA?
    well.....not really....going to depend on the fine fine gentleman keeping us safe in the forensic lab of the RCMP

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    well.....not really....going to depend on the fine fine gentleman keeping us safe in the forensic lab of the RCMP
    so we might see a restricted version in 3 years? sarcasm

I knew it wouldnt be tomorow.
    gunpowder for breakfast and Trudeau for the circus

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Haven't seen or used it yet but one advantage is that the rail lets you easily mount optics.
    You can get a replacement dust cover for the Vz.58 with integral picatinny rail from other sources, so in my books that is one reason removed from the equation. (granted it's aftermarket, so it's an added cost). So not counting the rear sight rail, I am curious as well in the comparison between the CZ958 vs the Vz.58. What else makes this CZ better than the CSA already on the market? I'm a potential buyer for either, so open to being swayed either way. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    You can get a replacement dust cover for the Vz.58 with integral picatinny rail from other sources, so in my books that is one reason removed from the equation. (granted it's aftermarket, so it's an added cost). So not counting the rear sight rail, I am curious as well in the comparison between the CZ958 vs the Vz.58. What else makes this CZ better than the CSA already on the market? I'm a potential buyer for either, so open to being swayed either way. ;-)
    I've heard that the metalurgy on the CSA model is off. The receiver is too hard and brittle and the bolt is too soft. I don't have a link to back anything up though so I'm sure someone will be around soon to call me a liar and a troll.
    We stand on guard for thee.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    The aftermarket railed covers are no way near as solid or returnable to zero as the 958 setup. Slightly better slant to the stock, nice phosphate black finish.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    How many small screws are there to remove in order to field strip the rifle?