Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig 226 backorder timing via Wolverine Supplies

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You're a customer you're allowed to be that guy. And Wolverine is top notch. If you are polite and respectful they won't mind answering you each time. They are one of the best dealers around.

I ordered a Sig P226 Elite here in Ottawa and it's the same thing. The supplier has the gun but they are waiting for a substitute 10 rd magazine to ship with it. I was required to put 60% down to get it ordered. I've been waiting over a month now for the gun to arrive in the store. The store offered to have the supplier ship the gun so I could have it, and ship me the magazine when they arrive. I haven't elected to do this yet. Funny how dropping from 15 to 10 rd magazines doesn't make the gun any cheaper....

I'm at 27 months and counting on a P229 I ordered from Questar. So hopefully you don't wait quite as long

Quote Originally Posted by Hoag View Post
    Wolverine supplies is renown for their tremendous customer support. If you don't have the gun yet, then it is only because they have not been able to get it for you yet.
    ^^^^THIS x 10!

Quote Originally Posted by silver69 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hoag View Post
    Wolverine supplies is renown for their tremendous customer support. If you don't have the gun yet, then it is only because they have not been able to get it for you yet.
    ^^^^THIS x 10!
    I second this.

A month or two will fly by. I had waited for a special ordered item from them and had waited approximately twenty one months. But once it came in, I received an e-mail, plus a voice message at home stating that my item had arrived with clear direction and return contact information.

All my dealings with Wolverine Supplies have been prodigious. If the item is available, and factors are under their control, they will get the item. I wont hesitate to order any non essential if on back-order or an out of stock item.

20+ months!!! Holy Shiz! I sure hope it's not that long, all MD Charlton needs is mags!!

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Thanks for your guys responses! I had done research and Wolverine Supplies were the only people I talked to that had them. Unfortunately I placed my order a few days after they sold out. I was initially told the delivery time would be 3-4 weeks, which is why I am a little frustrated. So then I talked to their supplier MD Charlton who got back to me and said that they had the handgun but were waiting on a shipment of Magazine before they could ship it.

To clear things up, I did NOT pay upfront, but i did have to pay a 20% deposit which i dont get back if i cancel my order because of a restocking fee. So i'm just a bit anxious because everyone i talk to says "should be a couple weeks" and those weeks keep turning into months. And I dont want to be "THAT GUY" by PMing and calling and emailing them multiple times a month.
    But i definately dont want to be waiting a YEAR for that handgun! So maybe i'm going to have to be more on the annoying side.
    Let me jump in here. As for delivery times we can only pass on what our supplier tells us, we will often add a few days to be on the safe side as we have no control over that.

As for refunds of deposits, "we reserve the right to charge a restocking fee" we often do not, it depends on the item and the circumstances. Under the circumstances we have here, we would not charge as we have "failed" to deliver, hardly our fault but that is no excuse. Any concerns please drop us an e-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I ordered a P226 SAO through wolverine supplies the first week of January but am still waiting, they did say that they had to order it from their supplier (MD charlton) and then MD charlton said they were waiting on magazines (that was a month ago). This is the first time i've had to actually backorder a firearm. Is this an abnormally long time to be waiting or should i have known better seeing as I had to special order it?
    I had to wait 10 months for my Sig P229. Then another 6 months for extra mags which came from Italy. Good luck on getting Sig parts in a timely manner. Love the gun but would have bought something different if I knew how difficult it would be to get parts. I called the supplier to all the gun shops in Vancouver and they won't sell directly to the public. Italian Sporting Goods explained to me there where changes going on in the supply chain. However there are a lot of Sig p226 out there so it should be easier than P229.

Ya I order a p226 scorpion and it took about 6 months, and that was threw wolverine. Hope you have better luck

Thanks Mr.Wolverine for shedding some light on that. I think based on Canada's issue with having to import everything things just take time, so it's not really anyone's fault. I think it's to be expected! However seeing as how MD Charlton is confident they should have them soon I'm not interested in cancelling my order just yet. Maybe in a month or so I'll revisit that possibility but not now.
    Also thanks to all that have shed some light on reasonable expectations when back ordering Sig's. Such beautiful guns, it's a shame importing and finding parts is such a pain in the ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast