Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Whats with your current price on Glocks?

CGN frequent flyer
    My point is despite the weakness of loonie against CAD we have more than held our own compared to the EURO which can be seen in the 20 cent currency appreciation for CAD against EUR. so we must see discounts otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by jonbpc View Post
    Ya but eventually all the firearms will go up. that will include the Sig and HK . Pretty much all new stock coming in will have increased price.
    The same goes for them and their prices. Once they get too high, they can sit on the shelf too.(and I love their products)

I love collecting firearms and shooting, but there is a limit on what the end used can pay or will pay.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer critter928's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I haven't seen a new one here in Canada marked like that in years.

This is what new ones in stores look like;

and in case you missed the post just above yours from the dealer whose thread this is in;

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    All Glocks coming into Canada through official channels now are made in the U.S. to the best of my knowledge.
    "For having lived long, I have experienced many instances of being obliged, by better information or fuller consideration, to change opinions, even on important subjects, which I once thought right but found to be otherwise." - Benjamin Franklin

Usd is trading at a 30 percent premium
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

It doesn't matter were the gun was made.. The USD that is trading at a 25-30 percent premium is the currency of trade... It's not only our CAD is down that much... Almost all currencies are down against the UsD about the same percentage .. Unfortanately when the U.S dollar is up prices everywhere go up... No arbitrage oppurtunity... Markets are too efficient for that
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    EUR is approaching parity with USD. we should see 15% discount on all European products from HK, SIG, walther GLOCks etc.

EUR-USD is now at a 13 year low of 1.05
    EUR-CAD is also trading at 1.34 down from 1.55 same point last year. So my message to all authorized dealers when do we see these discounts coming our way?
    My face is red. You are right...EUR has eroded against CAD, about 15% in last year. D'oh. No more posting before coffee.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearmsking View Post
    It doesn't matter were the gun was made.. The USD that is trading at a 25-30 percent premium is the currency of trade... It's not only our CAD is down that much... Almost all currencies are down against the UsD about the same percentage .. Unfortanately when the U.S dollar is up prices everywhere go up... No arbitrage oppurtunity... Markets are too efficient for that

It does not matter European products will get cheaper in USD. EUR is down 35% against USD. Its a big move.

Almost all Glocks are assembled in the USA with all made in the USA parts, or with some parts that have been shipped from Germany. Don't believe me? Check your local gun shop. Pretty much every gun with have a frame that says "Made in Austria, Glock Inc, Smyrna GA" which is of course Georgia, and the slide will say either USA or Austria. The "Austria" slides are made in Austria to the same specs as GA and shipped across because they had surplus slides or other parts. It's all USA assembled.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”

Plato

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wanteddeadoralive View Post
    Almost all Glocks are assembled in the USA with all made in the USA parts, or with some parts that have been shipped from Germany. Don't believe me? Check your local gun shop. Pretty much every gun with have a frame that says "Made in Austria, Glock Inc, Smyrna GA" which is of course Georgia, and the slide will say either USA or Austria. The "Austria" slides are made in Austria to the same specs as GA and shipped across because they had surplus slides or other parts. It's all USA assembled.

Ok fine what about others Sig, Walther and HK? Are they all US as well?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    So, just out of curiosity, what was the erroneously posted price that caused the sticker shock?? Was it the 1K that was alluded to a number posts back? Just curious as to what Wolverine mentioned as the upcoming 2015 pricing.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast