Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec SUB-2000 Rifles!

Cool

**LEFTY REPORT**
    I have had one since they first hit the shelves at P&D in Edmonton. Mine has the Sig P226 magwell and functions perfectly. I'm a southpaw and while I normally wear eye protection at the range I seldom do when out hunting or impromptu plinking. I have zero issue with stuff blowing back into my face, though I've only fired factory loads and none of them were very dirty compared to some handloads I've used in other friends pistols. If you're a lefty don't pass up on perhaps the funnest little gun I've ever owned and like my 1984 P226, will never sell. Best little backpacker and loves 147 grain Hydrashoks and Gold Dots and I figure 10 of those in the mag with a little carbine that points so easily will do the job regardless of what I may encounter.

PS: Gen 2 looks ghey...

CGN Regular
    Any chance we will see .40 in the gen 2?

I am lefty too, rifle is a blast to shoot, it points well, super compact and NR to boot. I have Beretta mag version.

However, I would get hit with brass in the cheek. The gun has a low check weld with the iron sights.
    My solution was to add a butt extender and placed a vortex sparc II red dot with riser on it. using Kel Tec quad rail.

Mine prefers 124 gr and 147gr ammo.

OK got a question, now this probably isnt the place to ask it. I just ordered a sub 2k but now looking into legal magazine sizes is rather ridiculous. Some say legal for ten other say only
    5rd

" Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

Example:
    Hi-Point rifle and handgun chambered for 9mm Luger caliber:

magazine capacities over five rounds are prohibited."

So my friend is saying it 5rd max because it is a center fire rifle. But most forums I'm looking at say 10rd because the magazines are not specifically designed and manufactured to work in the sub 2k. So is it the magazine or rifle that gets limited lol
    Last edited by WhtWolf; 03-19-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Expried Business Member
    the legal capacity for the Glock magazine is now and always has been ten rounds of the caliber for which it was designed. the legality of using a Glock pistol magazine in a Kel-Tec SUB2000 is now and has long been upheld by RCMP white paper to be completely valid.

the capacity of the Kel-Tec SUB2000 with Glock magazines is legally ten, has always been legally ten, and will remain legally ten so long as the RCMP does not try to change anything.

Good enough for me, Thanks

BANNED
    Is there another shipment coming soon?

I'm holding off for the gen 2

I might look at a gen 2, I had a 9mm sub 2000...blew it up.....fired out of battery..blew out the side of the receiver and wrecked the hinge. A few weeks later my buddy blew his out. Then last week a guy at my club told me he blew his out. But the warranty was great...no hassle at all.

I did really like the folding action, but I used the replacement as credit towards a JR carbine......and I really like it

But if they ever bring out the CMR 30 into production...i'll snap it up in a second

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdyno View Post
    Any chance we will see .40 in the gen 2?
    I am wondering this as well. The only reason I don't already own one is that we can't get them in .40.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast