Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C42, LTATT, and club membership in ontario (GTA)

C42, LTATT, and club membership in ontario (GTA)

I had my RPAL for a year or so and have been on a wait list with a few gun ranges. I live in downtown toronto wherein there is a shortage of nearby ranges accepting membership. Most ranges within 30-45 minutes drive have a long wait list with years of wait.

I was encouraged to hear about Bill C-42, which will put an end to LTATT for trips to gun ranges. Maybe its wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that walk-ins will be more common than memberships to ranges. I am not advocating anything, nor saying that membership is unjustified. I understand why there was a need for it given the requirements of the LTATT. I'm interested to find out what everyone else thinks and maybe some range owners/management can tell us what they plan to do once Bill C42 passes.
    Member : CSSA / CCFR / NRA / CPC

BANNED
    The thing with TO is that most clubs don't own the range they use. They rent. No place for walk-in traffic to go. Mostly a liability issue for clubs not accepting walk-ins anyway.
    C-42 isn't doing away with LTATT. It just says, not that it's been passed, if you have an RPAL, you also have an ATT "...to transport the firearm within the individual’s province of residence from the place where the individual acquires it to the place where they may possess it..." Nothing about not being required to be a club member either.

If and when C-42 is proclaimed, anyone with a valid RPAL will have an ATT regardless of whether they have a club membership or not.
    One will still only be permitted to transport to a range,gunsmith or gun show.
    "The trouble with the world isn't the things people don't know.It is what they know for sure that just isn't so." Will Rogers
    "And 'will to equality' shall henceforth be the name for virtue; and against all that has power we want to raise our clamor" Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Bumping this thread because I'm not quite sure if I understand C-42.

I bought a restricted expecting to join Silverdale but I have been really busy and haven't gotten around to it. That's why I haven't even shot it yet. Since I'm not part of a club/range, I don't have an ATT which is why it has never left home. However, learning about C-42 doing away with the ATT; does that mean I no longer have to be a club/range member in order to bring my restricted to Silverdale to shoot as a guest? Or will I still need to become a member first?

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    Bumping this thread because I'm not quite sure if I understand C-42.

I bought a restricted expecting to join Silverdale but I have been really busy and haven't gotten around to it. That's why I haven't even shot it yet. Since I'm not part of a club/range, I don't have an ATT which is why it has never left home. However, learning about C-42 doing away with the ATT; does that mean I no longer have to be a club/range member in order to bring my restricted to Silverdale to shoot as a guest? Or will I still need to become a member first?
    As far as I understand the new law, yes you can after Sept. 2nd as long as you have a written invitation from the club to do so.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF

CGN Regular
    If clubs see a drop in memberships and increase of drop-in, they will most likely increase the cost of drop-ins or change bylaws so drop ins are not allowed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunray View Post

The thing with TO is that most clubs don't own the range they use. They rent. No place for walk-in traffic to go. Mostly a liability issue for clubs not accepting walk-ins anyway.
    C-42 isn't doing away with LTATT. It just says, not that it's been passed, if you have an RPAL, you also have an ATT "...to transport the firearm within the individual’s province of residence from the place where the individual acquires it to the place where they may possess it..." Nothing about not being required to be a club member either.

AKA the "requirement" that is wholly unmentioned in SOR-98/206, right ?
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    AKA the "requirement" that is wholly unmentioned in SOR-98/206, right ?
    Exactly.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

It seems as though now many of the clubs in the GTA are still allowing drop ins however if you want to bring your own Restricted to THEIR club, you will have to pass some certification and probation shoots prior to you bringing your restricted for the first time.

For example, Caliber (Target Sports Canada) will have an "Associate Membership". You can read some small info about it here

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...on-of-Day-Pass

And here's some info from Silverdale:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ilverdale-c-42
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 09-05-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdlonyer View Post
    If and when C-42 is proclaimed, anyone with a valid RPAL will have an ATT regardless of whether they have a club membership or not.
    One will still only be permitted to transport to a range,gunsmith or gun show.
    I called yesterday to have all 6 conditions attached to my rpal and was asked for name of club and membership # and when I told her that I didn't belong to a club yet she told me I could only have 5 of the conditions attached to the three restricted I already own and not the 6th " to and from a range".......... but if I bought a new restricted firearm all 6 would be attached to that firearm only.......... what a cluster f###............. they want proof that I belong to a club before granting me the "to and from a range" part of the attached att for restricted I already have in my possession but if and when I buy a new one all conditions attached. when I asked if I just sold the three I ALREADY OWN and then buy them back would the 6 conditions be attached....... she didn't know what to say to that one...........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast