Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Smoke grenades

Something to keep in mind if using these in a forested area is that during the summer, if the fire hazard is high or extreme, multiple fire suppression resources will be dispatched at the first sign of smoke. It costs money (taxes) every time the planes or helicopters leave the ground, so please keep that in mind. It also ties up resources to respond to other calls.

The best way to avoid this is to call the local wildfire forestry office and let them know, and/or check the wildfire hazard in your region and wait until the hazard is low so there is lower chance of a tower person spotting the smoke and calling it in.

a buddy of mine broke his back on an off roading trip, and needed to be air lifted out of the woods. ever since then, i keep smoke and flares in my jeep.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareass View Post
    a buddy of mine broke his back on an off roading trip, and needed to be air lifted out of the woods. ever since then, i keep smoke and flares in my jeep.
    That is a great point - orange are the distress colour for smoke and we have that in stock!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910