Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 80% AR15 lowers Aluminum

I bought several from Dlask and the quality is top notch. Then I bought several in our neighboring country for a 3rd of the cost shipped to me. Quality is identical but the way that 80% was done is way nicer for finishing. You really want to avoid buying one that needs the buffer tube area drilled and tapped because then you have to have some sturdy shop equipment not to mention an expensive drill bit and tap. If we can get "milspec" lowers mailed from another country for under $100, how competetive can you be?

U.S. 80% companies will ship to Canada, as long as it is under $100.00 it is legal to import. I got a 7075 Billet Non-anodized(Plasti-dip works great) and jig from the U.S. Both items were opened and inspected by CBSA but made it through. :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    I'm surprised no one has got a bunch made up in china and brought them over here and blown them out cheep .

CGN Regular
    Don't forget the satisfaction of knowing when you call to register, and they jerk you around for 6 weeks, at least you already have the lower, can finish your build and run around the house all you want :D
    Police officers have some special Jedi-like mastery over handguns that private citizens can never hope to obtain.
    -40 Reasons to support gun control

CGN Regular
    I'd be very interested in a lower/jig combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark978 View Post
    at least you already have the lower, can finish your build and run around the house all you want :D
    I do that anyway. Just make sure you lower the blinds.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Interested in a lower/jig combo as well

an aluminum 80% lower that comes with a jig would be a hot seller i'm sure.
    "Those who Hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    I see an uptick in federal incarceration rates. 3 years mandatory minimum in the bucket if you "forget" to register it once you machine it...

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    I see an uptick in federal incarceration rates. 3 years mandatory minimum in the bucket if you "forget" to register it once you machine it...
    I think the actual intent is clear. No one is buying the " I built it myself" argument. I checked out an 80% lower and you really need a milling machine to finish it properly. If a person has that kind of talent and desire, why not come up with your own new design and set the world on fire.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast