Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will Marstar ever restock the Yugoslavian SKS rifles?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by armilaria View Post
    I am no expert but I think they were over engineered so no need for fine tuning of the gas system. Once they had tooling in place they were produced on a massive scale and because they were over engineered they were not blowing up on the battle field and super easy to maintain hence why so many govermments liked them. Also cheap labour for production.
    Mass production does not make a design cheap. It makes prices cheap. There is a difference there that some people don't grasp.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Mass production does not make a design cheap. It makes prices cheap. There is a difference there that some people don't grasp.
    You are 100% right. They would be a $1000 gun made in todays market and labour costs easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    I hope they will never restock.

Before the last restock, the 59/66 were sold for about 350$. Last batch they almost doubled in price.
    As much as I wanted one, there is no way i'm gonna pay more than 400$ for an SKS even if they are the nicest SKS ever made, it still an SKS.

If they find some and restock, they will sell them premium, maybe even higher than the last batch.
    Keep your eyes open, i've purchased one on the EE last year for 400$ and my other one I got it in a trade against a jw2000.

The trade was done on Lespac not Cgn though it worth mentioning

I missed the game. I would buy two if Marstar could source them for 600 $ a piece. South of the border are willing to pay more. We're lucky enough to have many Russian sks floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    Open source int says that Croatia and Bosnia have 20 or 30 thousand Yugo SKSs in reserve.
    How come they're not exporting them?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isosceles762x39 View Post
    As mentioned they will need em for the next war with Serbia. In that part of the world there is always a next war. Wait 15 years once the German start getting rid of their current rifle, the Croats will sell em.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

In a word...

Russia.

The SKS, for being out of date, cheap, and no longer battlefield relevant, is getting put through its paces in the Ukraine.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    apparently you did not see the reserve in that quote this means they are still held in case they are needed. unlike Canada or many other western country's some understand the importance of keeping reserve guns in case they need to arm a militia

Quote Originally Posted by antiqueguy View Post
    apparently you did not see the reserve in that quote this means they are still held in case they are needed. unlike Canada or many other western country's some understand the importance of keeping reserve guns in case they need to arm a militia
    I bought my own guns to hold back in reserve. But if the government saw fit to issue me a free one, just in case, I'd be ok with that.

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    I regret selling the one I had a few years back, had I kept it, my collection would be that much sweeter.
    No retreat,No surrender