Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you hike with a rifle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wils View Post
    I am interested in this topic...I have looked into doing the same myself as the Vancouver area in BC is lacking ranges!
    Vancouver area is not lacking in ranges.. Well, if you live IN Vancouver maybe. If your a bit east of that, its fine. There are ranges in Coquitlam, PoCo, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Langley, Abbotsford, and Chilliwack. Also a shotgun club in Richmond I think...

In Vancouver, you need to be aware of the no-discharge bylaws, and no shooting areas. Basically you need to be East of Mission on the north side of the fraser, and east of Chilliwack on the south side of the Fraser. But get more detailed info on where ever you plan to go.

You have to get pretty far from Vancouver before you get to any parks you can hunt in...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_servo View Post
    actually that is a attitude that I sincerely hope stays out east and doesn't migrate out here .
    I have never had a issue with packing a firearm in the bush without a valid hunting licence , outside of any hunting season . ( it seems to me if I was doing this in Ontario I would be charged with poaching or attempted poaching or some other bull**it ) .

the last time I ran into anyone in the bush was a couple federal fisheries guys and they didn't even mention a thing about the rifle sitting on my quad .
    most parks in ontario don't allow you to carry a firearm, but crown land is a little different. i have never been stopped by any MNR for just plinking of that matter and yes i have come across a couple before, even in an off hunting season. don't assume your going to be charged.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12