Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my PAL!! But...

That's weird. I got my RPAL and PAL at the same time, same card....

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    I did pass both... the issue is that I am seeing a psychiatrist. Started seeing the shrink in 2011 because I was drinking too much. Haven't had a drink in 4 years. I still see the shrink though, for maintenance. Not taking any meds. I guess they don't want alcoholics owing guns?

Wow this totally sucks. I guess I'll give them a call. Are they really going to reconsider? Anyone every appeal a decision?
    I wouldn't freak out just yet. Give them a call, as previously suggested, and see what they say.

CGN Regular
    haha thanks!! One day at a time…

CGN Regular
    Apologies guys, I re-read the small print on the back of the PAL card and indeed below the words "non-restricted" it does in fact say "restricted". Meaning, both types are on there. Such small font, I really didn't even see it!
    Yay me!
    So for those asking, total time for me 4 months 10 days from when they received my application… some delays on my part. Plus because I saw the shrink, it took longer… all good now.
    Now time to choose my gun and shooting range! Gonna read the posts on good recommendations.
    thanks for all your guys' help!

CGN frequent flyer
    Are you sure you weren't drunk when reading it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ontheedgeman View Post
    Apologies guys, I re-read the small print on the back of the PAL card and indeed below the words "non-restricted" it does in fact say "restricted". Meaning, both types are on there. Such small font, I really didn't even see it!
    Yay me!
    So for those asking, total time for me 4 months 10 days from when they received my application… some delays on my part. Plus because I saw the shrink, it took longer… all good now.
    Now time to choose my gun and shooting range! Gonna read the posts on good recommendations.
    thanks for all your guys' help!
    CSSA Life Member

Ok. I have a question. I want to get a 1911-22lr. Im going for my test next week. If i find some one who wants to sell privately do they need to make a bill showing my pal number or does it really matter.or can that person sell to me and just wing it for now.

I wouldn't lay down any cash until the card was in hand, what if you don't get the license ? then your out the money and you stuck getting a refund and if they only offer store credit what are you going to spend it on ?

CGN frequent flyer Black_Valkyrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad01 View Post
    Ok. I have a question. I want to get a 1911-22lr. Im going for my test next week. If i find some one who wants to sell privately do they need to make a bill showing my pal number or does it really matter.or can that person sell to me and just wing it for now.

if you're asking that question you may want to reschedule your test and go over those rules again. yikes.
    What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Valkyrie View Post
    if you're asking that question you may want to reschedule your test and go over those rules again. yikes.
    Hes asking if he needs to make a bill of sale. Like some do with cars and such..

And conrad01 no its not needed, you need to get as much info as you need ( full meal deal FAC/PAL # His Address, Name, Phone #) then everything done via CFC/CFO to transfer said firearm.

Ok.thats what i needed to know. I wasnt sure if it was like buying a rifle. Flash the card and walk out the store..So i need his pal number ect so i can eventually transfer to my name .
    Last edited by conrad01; 03-22-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast