Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Dreaming of a s&w 5946

Quote Originally Posted by Repro77 View Post
    I have a Beretta 96D, and the serial # shows as "Vancouver PD"....Van, BC, or Wash, I don't know.

The 5946 couldn't be sold anyway, its prohib, and probably not grandfathered for us. Plus, they'd be beat to shyt.
    We used to be able to sell firearms. I picked up a Beretta 96D, a 92G, and a 96 Vertec which I later sold and bought something I like to shoot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Master-G's Avatar
    Looks like someone else was dreaming of one too.

http://apps.halifax.ca/news/article/2689

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement barrel for a 5906/5946 that's over 105mm?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer David K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I cannot imagine the High River High Horses ever releasing their guns for public sale to mere civilians.
    To do so is prohibited under current Canadian Laws and policy. .... David K

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    That's a rather new law and policy, promoted by those who don't want guns in the hands of mere civilians. Lots of military and police guns were sold in the past.

1,000$ for a 5900 series S&W??? Well, if anything can be used to illustrate the dynamics of offer and demand, I guess that would be IT! Either that or both parties were snorting illegal substances in copious quantities.

I have fired the 39, 59, 5900 series and they were certainly quite reliable, but that was it. They are nothing special and I personally feel their triggers suck, big time. Very, very long pulls with a let-off that seem to take place only once the trigger had touched the frame all the way at the back. The 5900 series also had grips with all the nice ergonomics of a brick. I didn't really care for them, however if you are a Glock fan, the flat grips sides won't bother you. But of course, that is only my personal opinion/preference. Apparently some people reaaaaally like them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer David K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    That's a rather new law and policy, promoted by those who don't want guns in the hands of mere civilians. Lots of military and police guns were sold in the past.
    .. Yes they were. But that was then, but now, even serving members were unable to purchase their issued Model 10 S&W Revolvers, when the transition occurred. And predating that, there's the L1A1 service rifles that were scrapped, so it's really nothing all that new. ..... David K

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567