Thread: Grizz 15" magfed & aftermarket mags.

CGN Regular

Grizz 15" magfed & aftermarket mags.

Picked up a grizz from the EE with an orig mag and a two aftermarket mags.

The orig mag fed and operated perfectly, but the aftermarket mags prevent proper function.
    they strip and feed into the chamber properly, but the trigger appears to be locked out. I cannot fire with the aftermarket mags. When i look closely i can see that the follower sits higher than the origional mags and the mag release notch is constructed a bit differently.

Any suggestions on how to get those aftermarket mags to function? They appear to be the ones that canada ammo sells.
    Last edited by derr12; 03-17-2015 at 02:26 PM.

I had a similar problem with some m14 mags I had.....the mags had a crimp in the top to keep the follower from going up higher then required....that crimp in the mag was in the wrong place....can't say for sure if this is your issue...but a center punch and hammer solved my issue
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Regular
    Ill seat them in the gun tonight and see if i can find out where the aftermarket ones are sitting differently. Im new to shotguns in general and know little of the 870 platform. I suspect my grizz is one of the earlier models, it has a rear leaf sight.

CGN Regular
    I wonder if the crimp im looking for is at the front of the mag, ever so slightly keeping the shell from fully going into battery. It looks fully closed from the outside. I do love me a good puzzle!

CGN Regular
    Figured it out. where the trigger lock out tab is inside the action, the mag was too wide there and was rubbing on it preventing it from going back into the unlocked position. I shaved about a centemeter wide strip away where that tab was rubbing with a dremel and both my aftermarket mags fit and function now.
    Last edited by derr12; 04-04-2015 at 02:09 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    Thanks for posting, good to have solutions online.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes