Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cloverdale/Surrey big gun show April 17-19

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 86k20 View Post
    I have been to better garage sales. I will NOT be going back. Nothing more than Chinese crap, over priced old junk and a bunch of shotguns. Gun shows are supposed to have tons of stuff at blowout pricing not old crap for retail!
    LOL
    Your kidding right
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

Quote Originally Posted by tim3500 View Post
    I remember when these shows were only state side Be Happy and support these shows cause we all have common interest here. Just my 2 cents
    Well said Tim.
    I could whine about how I couldn't afford the American Safes that were displayed, and that a GSG rotary drum for $100 isn't that crazy a deal. But the fact that there was a gun show in Cloverdale is a big deal to me. It has been years in the making, and being the first annual event it was bound to have some hiccups. But to sit on CGN and piss away on your keyboard that you could have done better, then get off your ass and do better yourself. I walked away with some cool toys. Plus I got to see the quick draw competition. You have to be a jaded mofo to not appreciate someone drawing, firing AND hitting their target in a half a second.

Do I hope next year will be better? Sure do, and I bet the organizers will work toward that end.
    But I'll be that last one to complain about this show. It was better than cutting the grass, which is what I would have been doing yesterday.

I for one is glad there are still people trying to put on shows like these, with the Internet and Social Media, vendors can makes more money in couple ours just by offering free shipping. it takes a lot of efforts for a business to pack up a sizable selection of goods, set up a table man it for 3 days and if they are lucky they might just break even on gas money, so to whine about it really shows a lot of class, it also undermines their efforts to build the show, so it can grow into the type of shows you see in the U.S..

Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hbean View Post
    I for one is glad there are still people trying to put on shows like these, with the Internet and Social Media, vendors can makes more money in couple ours just by offering free shipping. it takes a lot of efforts for a business to pack up a sizable selection of goods, set up a table man it for 3 days and if they are lucky they might just break even on gas money, so to whine about it really shows a lot of class, it also undermines their efforts to build the show, so it can grow into the type of shows you see in the U.S..
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

The U.S. Shows I've been too are simple. There is just lots of guns, lots of people and a lot of money. We unfortunately don't seem to spend like they do. I'm talking firearms and ammo door prizes, shwag, shooting ranges to try what your buying, hunting guides military promotions (not antiques) and Salesmen and women who do nothing but promote. I get we're all gun nuts but we're just not the gun nutz our fellow southerns are

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123