Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Modern hunter Rifle March 18 2015

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    If everyone knows that everything here takes so long, why don't companies over exaggerate time frames and then if things do fall together nicely they end up looking better instead of agrivating people.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    I have been following this rifle a bit, I do not have an order in though. Frankly I don't know why you guys even decided to build it. Canadian gun owners are the biggest a#$holes around from what I have seen on here. They want everything instantly and very cheap. Just check out the threads regarding the new .50 Beowulf mags that are coming in. If the one retailer doesn't come within pennies of another one in price, they are shunned and treated like crap. If you don't like the price, move on and shop somewhere else.

There is my rant for the day. Keep up the good fight guys, looks like your making an awesome rifle and it really is a service to the Canadian gun community.
    I like guns....

I'm not surprised at all by behavior of the public at all... I own a retail parts store, and the level of stupidity that my employees deal with on a daily basis is unreal. Now don't get me wrong, if we have 99 customers walk in the door, 96 of them are spot on. I have very loyal customers who are in my shop daily and we have an excellent rapport with all of them. But the other 3 knuckle heads we get each day, more than make up for the other end of the spectrum. It really amazes me that some of them have made it this far in life... If they were alive 100 years ago, someone would surely have ended their daily theft of oxygen.

I actually had one customer state (with a straight face), that he was going to get a lawyer and take action against me and my supplier because his wrenches were back ordered. He ordered a set of standard SAE open ended wrenches ($89.99) with a bonus set of the matching stubbies for free.... and the they were sold out of the bonus set. He had to wait till the next shipment. It was going to be 3-4 weeks, but they were free, who cares!!!!!! Anyway, to avoid any legal action, I took a set of another similar brand and donated them to his anxious hands. I mean, the $30.00 it cost me was an easy fix compared to the months of litigation I was facing for not delivering his free stubbies on time. And this was a local mechanic who has been coming to the store for years.

So I agree with the other members.... if they get snippy or ignorant, cancel the order. Sure they'll get snippy about that as well and you'll loose a customer, but its the kind of customer you can afford to loose.

Really, all your doing it making room for a better class of customer. Hopefully one who wont grab a pitch fork every time they don't get a clover leaf at 100 yards.

Good on you guys for making such an amazing product for the Canadian shooters and I cant wait to put one of these awesome firearms in my hands.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    So sometime in April? If someone has a complete gun will you ship it out even if the first few before it are not able to be completed due to missing parts or are you going to be strict on following the order?
    Yes. We have more stainless barrels so far than CFW barrels in stock currently, so they will be shipped first simply based on what we have in stock at the moment. There are a ton more CFW barrels being shipped in the next week, so assuming no more CBSA BS, things should start to progress quickly .
    Some folks ordered their rifles with a CeraKote finish and some of these may take longer, all things being equal, simply as more time is required to prep and coat the parts but I do not think this will make any sort of significant delay. We told these folks that theirs would take longer when they were ordered.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

The first Tesla cars were delivered late and customers were told they would have to pay extra to even get the cars that were behind schedule. Now look were they are, Mr.musk even had a spot on the Simpsons.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    I started this thread to try and keep everyone in the loop as to our progress and to try and cut down on the number of inquiries we are getting.
    It was not my intent to vent on the frustrations a VERY few have generated, but it is certainly nice to hear that most guys feel as I do that the few are being unreasonable.

"If everyone knows that everything here takes so long, why don't companies over exaggerate time frames and then if things do fall together nicely they end up looking better instead of agrivating people...."
    We purposefully added 1 month to our hopeful delivery time with this exact thought in mind. It seems we should have added a buffer of 3 months in order to come out as hero's.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

You guys are still heroes in my book !
    I'll keep cool and wait patiently

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Should imagine that customers that are getting upset would be the first ones that got custom serial numbers. How could ATRS cancel orders, when they would then be stuck with a receiver carrying this custom id?

I was one of the ones that ordered the first AIA magazines, that company went months with no updates; and the time frame was even longer.....just for a magazine....not a rifle.

Talked with the ATRS people at the Chilliwack Gun show. Was very impressed with both the product and the people. Personally i am waiting to get a modern magnum, which is after the initial 308 family Modern Hunter, and the next version in 223...Modern Varmiter.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Regular
    You guys went out on a limb to bring this rifle to market and get the non restricted frt. You guys are already heroes in the industry, just keep up the great work.

Awesome, I think the rifle I ordered had easy to obtain parts and I think I was in the middle of the pack. I'm looking forward to shooting it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast